My take on Dove Poppers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My take on Dove Poppers

So here is something I dreamed up. Tried it last night. Gonna tweak a few things but overall I'm calling this a win!

Started with 12 dove breasts. Cut off the bone then cut each breast in half. Put it in a bowl with a couple tablespoons of zesty Italian dressing, a Tablespoon of tomato paste, Blaze seasoning (a little or a lot - I like a lot), juice of 1 large lemon, about a cup of chopped scallions, salt and pepper. Let marinate on the fridge over night.
    Then cut the tops off of about 7 or 8 large Hatch Green chillies and remove the veins and seeds. Be careful not to split or tear the chilies. Parboil the cleaned chilies for a few minutes until they are a little soft and pliable. Set them aside to cool. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378397607386.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	28.9 KB
ID:	24985039
    While the chilies are cooling, add about 2 cups of grated cheese to the dove mixture and mix thoroughly so that the cheese is evenly distributed.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378397572647.jpg
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	24985038
    Carefully stuff the dove/cheese mix into the chilies. I used the handle of a butter knife to work the dove mix down to the bottom of the chilies.
    Once the chillies are filled, completely wrap the stuffed chillies in bacon, securing with toothpicks. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378397645816.jpg
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	24985040
    Grill until bacon is done. Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378397676148.jpg
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	24985041
    Let them rest for a few minutes. Can be served whole as an entree or cut into 1"ish sections and served as an appetizer.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1378397728930.jpg
Size:	40.5 KB
ID:	24985042
    Because I am now a Ragin' Blaze disciple I dusted mine with a quick sprinkle before serving. I guess you could leave this part out - but why would you want to?:thumbup:
    Enjoy!!

Marked for further use. Nice

Comment

Bud, nothing wrong with those! Thanks for posting the recipe!

Comment

Dang those look good!! Wiping drool off keyboard now.

Comment

Yum!!!

Comment

Looks dang good!

Comment

Will have to try this!

Comment

holy cow..this is happening in my house...soon

Comment

Need to try this one

Comment

sounds like some good groceries

Comment

Thanks y'all! As far as the tweakage I mentioned, I would just say take it easy on the tomato paste. Its good for consistency, but don't want it too soupy inside. Less is more kind of thing. Also, be careful how long you parboil the chilies. Not enough and they break easily, too much and they blow out while stuffing. once you have a good boil going, they should only be in for 4 or 5 mins at most. think I'll try it next time with some white Queso Fresco.

Comment

Those look really good.

Comment

looks tasty

Comment

Working...
                          X