THE Official Twin Buttes Reservoir Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
    And yes its a park thing I never write the right telephone # just in case I decide to mistake a longhorn for a big deer would be so hard to do
    Haha I mean bevo and his brother whitetail are twins right?

Comment

Originally posted by Toddcaster View Post
      the ASU Ranch is on the lake side of 2288. There is NO hunting on the lake side. All hunting is in are 1-7 on the other side of 2288. The rules that bert is talking about are issued to you when you sign up. pretty standard stuff, hunter orange in and out of hunting area, no feeders, bag limits, etc and a map of the huntable areas. you can find a map on the tpw website under public hunting.
      Where exactly is the south gate at?? Like how do you get there?

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
        Where exactly is the south gate at?? Like how do you get there?
        It's hard to miss if you go out on 2288 from Sherwood and head out towards 87 you'll drive about a mile or and then you'll cross another road called Arden keep driving straight on 2288 and you'll see a sign that say San Angelo State Park south shore unit. Pull in there and you'll follow a road that will lead you to a building where you fill out paper work.

Comment

The pin I dropped is the south shore entrance
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1383246353.306130.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	24260532

Comment

has anyone hunted around the dam in area 3/4. just want to know what to expect.

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
              Haha I mean bevo and his brother whitetail are twins right?
              yeah no kidding this is what they think I guess hate my telephone # on them

Comment

area 1 is where it was stolen from.
                i went back out and removed my items last evening, because, for the first time ever, i got on a lease yesterday.

i'm done with this crap.

still not posting a pic, but if you head out to area 1, out by the "island", just about any weekend, you'll see the sucker there. i see him all the time.

of course, my season is most likely bunk anyways now, as i dont' even have a feeder up yet at the lease, but i got on over 3000 acres just past robert lee, for 1500$. me and a buddy are splitting it, so 750$ each. it's worth it not to have my stuff stolen EVERY FREAKING YEAR.

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
                  yeah no kidding this is what they think I guess hate my telephone # on them
                  Yeah i dont blame you there. I dont care for the idea of that either.

Comment

Originally posted by 79F250 View Post
                    It's hard to miss if you go out on 2288 from Sherwood and head out towards 87 you'll drive about a mile or and then you'll cross another road called Arden keep driving straight on 2288 and you'll see a sign that say San Angelo State Park south shore unit. Pull in there and you'll follow a road that will lead you to a building where you fill out paper work.
                    Ok cool I think I remember seeing that now. Thanks I appreciate it guys!!!!

Comment

Not Familiar with "THE ISLAND"....

Attached is an aerial map of area 1, where exactly is the island that you are referring to?

Congrats on the lease procurement, the season is still in its infancy and on a bright-note atleast with a lease you can legally use a rifle!!

And if you don't want your stuff stolen next year hit me up I'll tuck you into a spot no-one will mess with your stuff and I can show you a few pointers on how to make your equipment harder to take.

Is there any other information you can provide US (TBHers) with to help spot this "Sucker"? such as: (i.e. detailed vehicle description- make/model/doors/year/color/stickers)
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Okie in Texas View Post
                        JD,

I know 3 guys set up in Area V. Two of them hunt the same set-up. They have a feeder and blind up now. They say they are seeing good deer over there, but everything is going stealth before daylight.

What are the vehicles?
                        I'm one of those guys hunting around the back fence Area 5. I drive a White Hyundai Santa Fe. Sometimes I park next to the hwy or drive into the back. Deer are hit and miss...mainy showing up right when it's to dark to shoot and disappearing before sunrise. I work with a few of the folks hunting on 5...good set of dudes. The other vehicles I know are the rubicon...no doors and burgundy toyota. My other buddy was dove hunting out there with a white ford crew cab. I'll be out there in the morning by 0600...my usual time and some evenings.

Comment

Originally posted by JDVerfurth View Post
                          Todd-it's like a maroon rubicon doors usually off ,silver silverado, some sort of Kia Mini-SUV, a 4 door car, a white ford escape pretty banged up, I think posted some pictures of some of the other trucks.

I guess I'll be the **** in the punch bowl here about this whole s hit getting stolen business... Anyone else feel kinda un-easy about not knowing who the identity of the guy?!....

I personally would like a PM sent to me of the image ATLEAST, just so I know if I do happen to run across this person that I need to keep my mouth shut and say as little as possible about what/where I'm hunting.

Not publicly humiliating the poor guy but NOT keep it a secret either, anyone else feel as though they should "know for their own best interest"??

For anyone I've shown my set-up or has walked by it, knows it would take some doing to steal most of my junk.... But if this person is out and about taking others what's going to stop them from taking mine or yours??

So this is my formal request of the image of the perpetrator simply for the fact of my own best interest, NOT public humiliation. I will not turn around and post it PUBLICLY in any form or fashion.

Thank you,

JD Verfurth
                          325-374-0811
                          JD,

I may have met you a few days ago heading out of V the other night. I was in the white SUV and then stopped to chat with you. There only other person I seen out there that I don't know was in the creek bed near the hwy...he had a urine bag hanging off the tree. He was camo'd up real nice but I was using glass and spotted him...unfortunately I had to walk by him to get to my area. He said it was his first time out there.

I'm guessing your the guy with the blind that's all wired up. I haven't seen it personally but one of the guys I work with described it to me.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by Yankee Shooter View Post
                            I'm one of those guys hunting around the back fence Area 5. I drive a White Hyundai Santa Fe. Sometimes I park next to the hwy or drive into the back. Deer are hit and miss...mainy showing up right when it's to dark to shoot and disappearing before sunrise. I work with a few of the folks hunting on 5...good set of dudes. The other vehicles I know are the rubicon...no doors and burgundy toyota. My other buddy was dove hunting out there with a white ford crew cab. I'll be out there in the morning by 0600...my usual time and some evenings.
                            Welcome to TBH, Yankee! Now go slay something this weekend.

T

Comment

No Yankee Shooter that was me you ran into when we were leaving that evening.

Comment

Originally posted by dgrant View Post
                                No Yankee Shooter that was me you ran into when we were leaving that evening.
                                Gotcha. Good luck this weekend...I'm crossing my fingers that there won't be many guns out. I don't like mixing it up...but that's what happens when you hunt public.

Comment

Working...
                                X