Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First folding pocket-knive blade

Comment

Early American toothpick. They had big teeth back then.

Comment

Corner Tang knife. Flaking not typical of an authentic corner tang.

Comment

Corner-Tang Knife is right up there with an Alibates Clovis in my wishlist. I'm interested to hear what is said by Johnny and GarGuy.

Most "spear points" and "tomahawk blades" people think they find are skinning knives of one fashion or another. The Harahey blade is a very common blade used for skinning buffalo, but the avg guy thinks all his life he found a spear point.

Think of how many knifes they needed in a camp to skin a big buffalo kill.

Comment

There is nothing right about that corner tang. Either its an Ebay find or its one of a kind. From that pic, I can say with 99.99999 percent certainty its a fake. Hes pulling your leg hard.
            Last edited by GarGuy; 09-19-2014, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
              There is nothing right about that corner tang. Either its an Ebay find or its one of a kind. From that pic, I can say with 99.99999 percent certainty its a fake. Hes pulling your leg hard.

Yep

Comment

Just wondering if you ever called BS on the guy?

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                  That's what I was thinking.

Comment

Another modern Repro. These I made this morning. Copper nail pressure flaking is easy to spot.
                    Attached Files

Comment

One of the greatest things I have read......

Nice fake...

Comment

I was gonna say fake but I see its been covered.

Comment

It's on the internet! It can't be fake!! The post just wasn't worded properly. What makes it "fake" is that it is posted as an artifact... That it ain't. It is however a very nice flint piece that was made by someone with talent in that art.

Comment

I would definitely agree with the "non-authentic" artifact statements made above. I'm no expert but my Dad was and I've been around it all my life. (When Dad passed he had over 14,000 arrowheads in his collection.) I've never seen anything that came close to this piece. It has the corner tang, but I've never seen a corner tang knife (or any other for that matter) with a blade that looks more like a drill (or awl) as this one does. Very nice work but I'm not buying it as anything but a modern day knapper's work.

Comment

It really doesn't matter how old it is, it is still a very nice piece from someone very skilled!

Comment

Gray Ghost. Google it.

Comment

Working...
                                X