Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man that sucks. Hopefully they take care it for you

Comment

That’s crazy I hope they fix it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
        Dang, hope he gets straight. Don't use boulders, someone will sue you. A Big Azz stand of bamboo might be the ticket? I had a friend that planted bamboo and had the parish put up blinking hazard lights when a truck drove into his daughter's bedroom. No one was hurt fortunately.
        I would look into boulders. Pretty sure someone would lose if they tried to sue you for putting up an obstruction to protect your property. Be about the same as planting a tree there, just a lot quicker resolution.

Comment

I was rebuilding a fence on a property I lease that had been damaged several times from car wrecks. I had the tposts up and the next day they were all bent up. No call from whoever wrecked. 2 weeks later I get the fence finished and its wrecked again in the same spot. Again no idea who wrecked it. Talk about frustrating.

Comment

We had a similar issue many moons ago.

We found some surplus oil field pipe, 8-inch diameter, and had it cut into 8 ft sections. We buried 4 ft in the ground, and then poured concrete around the base and filled the pipes with concrete.

It worked...

Comment

Yea, but

Originally posted by LWC View Post
              I would look into boulders. Pretty sure someone would lose if they tried to sue you for putting up an obstruction to protect your property. Be about the same as planting a tree there, just a lot quicker resolution.
              I don't be responsible for hurting someone, even if they are a dumbazz.

Comment

You should put a BIG rock on the corner there. A family friend of ours put a big boulder in his yard for that exact reason. His daughters room was on the corner of the house facing the road, and he has no fence.

Comment

Originally posted by wdtorque View Post
                  I don't be responsible for hurting someone, even if they are a dumbazz.
                  Pretty sure the other driver in this case wasn't worried about getting hurt when he made the decision to get sloshed and then get behind the wheel.

Comment

Bisch you need to make a trip out to the oilfield and get you some bonafied drill stem or better yet drill collars, they'll still bend but your damage would be much less extensive and there's would be much more.

Comment

How about a bump gate with a gravel runoff like they do on race tracks

Comment

Here is the sad part, this section of fence that has been hit now 6 times is a straight away, the part that's at a T has been ran through 4 times, what they do is come around the corner going way to fast loose control and plow through the fence, its just something I'm going to have to live with. Don't want to put something up that would kill someone, couldn't live with myself if that happened.

God Bless
                        Bish

Comment

Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post
                            Here is the sad part, this section of fence that has been hit now 6 times is a straight away, the part that's at a T has been ran through 4 times, what they do is come around the corner going way to fast loose control and plow through the fence, its just something I'm going to have to live with. Don't want to put something up that would kill someone, couldn't live with myself if that happened.

God Bless
                            Bish
                            I don't blame you for that. I guess I just have a different line of thinking, "Play stupid games, win stupid prizes." We were all young and dumb once, and I can't say I didn't do any underage drinking, but I **** sure never drink and drive. My parents pounded that into my head at a young age, and it still sticks with me at 26.

Comment

Originally posted by Bish View Post

God Bless
                              Bish

Bish I agree with you. I couldn't live with myself either. Have you considered one of those Cable barrier Fences similar to what they use on highways?

Comment

youre a good man bish. something that injures, or kills #11 aint the right solution.

Comment

Working...
                                X