Hilltop Lakes 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right!

Life is too short, live it to its fullest!

~Michael

Comment

Ok, like this view better? I think it was a good move. All the animals come from the back side and this tree is right off the property line for super easy access.
      No interruption in cam pics from my little feeder hiccup. Funny thing is I left a pile of corn on the ground when I changed out feeder motors last week. The animals barely touched that but they are feeding on the fresh corn that spins out. Looks like I'm actually growing corn lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Looking at getting buy a slot up there. Looks like some good hunting up there. I was wondering if anyone's have fished in the lakes up there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
          Ok, like this view better? I think it was a good move. All the animals come from the back side and this tree is right off the property line for super easy access.
          No interruption in cam pics from my little feeder hiccup. Funny thing is I left a pile of corn on the ground when I changed out feeder motors last week. The animals barely touched that but they are feeding on the fresh corn that spins out. Looks like I'm actually growing corn lol.

Much better!

Originally posted by gator255 View Post
          Looking at getting buy a slot up there. Looks like some good hunting up there. I was wondering if anyone's have fished in the lakes up there

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
          I haven't yet. Wanted to on several occasions but haven't had time.

~Michael

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post

Comment

I'll be back up Wednesday if anyone needs anything. I need to fix the corn feeder, again!

~Michael

Comment

So back on the 20th I left a box of a dozen or so 6v solar chargers on the table in the container. Wrote free on the box and posted that I had done so on the hilltop hunter forum. Noticed this past Sat the entire box was already gone lol. I wonder if somebody just grabbed the whole box?

Too bad there is not more activity on hilltop forum. BTW, I also emailed admin twice regarding my completed work day with no reply. (in case you see this Scott) My attachment may have been too large.

Comment

I never received that. The last thing I got from you was that you were heading up on the 10th. That email provider sucks, any attachment bigger than the head of a pin gets rejected. It's on my list of things to move. So if you sent with an attachment, I am sure it got kicked back. PM me for another email to try.

Comment

Feeder is all fixed! Now, time to get ready for work

~Michael

Comment

Heading up this afternoon/evening to check the cam. If hogs are consistent, I'll be hammock camping over at the campground and hunting late night and early morning. Anybody else? Welcome to come share a cold one with me at the campground. Might also get some fishing in.

Comment

Hmm, since my last visit the maintenance dept has been on my road. Cut everything back to the property markers which totally exposed my set. Same for the guy at the end of the road. Looks like a war zone where they cut trees in half. I guess it's a good thing and needed to be done at some point.
                        Unfortunately my feeder funnel was clogged sometime last week so and it doesn't take the animals long to figure out there is no corn coming. Can't win for losing here but it was a beautiful night to camp. Keeping my fingers crossed that feeder functions over the next month because I doubt I'll get back up there.

Comment

I'll be out at some point early this coming week to adjust the corn flow if you want me to check on yours or for anyone else?

~Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                            I'll be out at some point early this coming week to adjust the corn flow if you want me to check on yours or for anyone else?

~Michael

Might take you up on that. Looking at my pics now from home, feeder clogged on Thur morning. Had great activity right up til then. I shifted my feed times earlier today in hopes of getting some hogs in the daylight.

Comment

Two weeks and counting down! Who all will be out Friday day or night at the campground? I'm thinking about cooking a leg of lamb and a few other things if I can talk myself into dragging my smoker out there. I'll get out there early Friday. Look for the white quad cab FX4 with sticker and Thin Blue Line across the back glass.

~Michael

Comment

Originally posted by Brazos Hunter View Post
                                Two weeks and counting down! Who all will be out Friday day or night at the campground? I'm thinking about cooking a leg of lamb and a few other things if I can talk myself into dragging my smoker out there. I'll get out there early Friday. Look for the white quad cab FX4 with sticker and Thin Blue Line across the back glass.

~Michael
                                I probably won't be out there till Monday evening but I appreciate the offer sir and wish you the best of luck!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X