180 class 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

180 class 10

Here's a buck we call the Ghost. He didn't get his name because he's hard to find. He's a local boy and shows up regularly. He got his name from a guy that wanted to kill him as a big 2 1/2 yo. He showed me the pic of the deer he wanted to get approved. I knew the deer from TC pics as a WIDE young 10. He said he called him the Yellow Horn Ghost. I told him he was wasting his time. The deer was a baby. Watching the buck, I predicted that he'd be the biggest typical 10 ever killed on the Junco when he grew up. This last year, as a 4 1/2 yo, he was in the low to mid 80's, typical. He's a protein hound. He showed signs of growing a 5 on the right and possible drop on the left. I hope he stays a typical 10. As a typical 10, he's a SPECIAL deer. If he grows the other stuff, he'll score more, but he'll just be a big deer.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ghost shed 09.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	24761239

Name:	ghost shed 09 3.jpg
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	24761240

Name:	ghost shed 09 2.jpg
Size:	65.7 KB
ID:	24761241

Oh, you expected me to post pics of him with horns? They won't let me. They're afraid someone might find out that there's big deer on the Junco. LOL

Protein has done well for his body

Comment

Your kidding me there are big deer on the Junco, Wow. Hopefully come October you will have a LDP of him.

Comment

Hes got a BIG BODY! Where is the pics of him last year with head gear?

Comment

clearly on performance enhancers..

Comment

I know you have a lot of experience field judging deer tuth.... but I can't come up with a score higher than 4" on that deer...

Comment

Thats better than mine I cant get him more th 3 3/8

Comment

LOL OK here' his left side. I found it in March.

He had 5 inch brows. Total of 70 up. 28 inch beams, 25 inch spread. 32 in. mass. 113 up. 183 total. One of my favorite all time deer. I just hope I'm there when he is taken. I want to lay hands on that rascal.

Name:	logan and shed.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	120.1 KB
ID:	23885001

Name:	logan and shed 2.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	135.2 KB
ID:	23885002

Comment

TD,

How do you know that is him? He have any scars? Awesome sheds!

Comment

Thats a heck of a shed

Comment

You boys need to learn to score better. His beams are 1 inch. that's 2. Spread of 4. That's 6. You get 4 mass measurements per side. That's 16 each. I get 38 down. No up yet. So he'll score 38 easy. LOL

Comment

Im glad you learned me on this one I forgot about the 4 mass measurments.

Comment

When you look at these deer on pics and in person, you get to learn their face and characteristics like you would a human. This is his feeder. He eats from that left spout 90% of the time. He has a notch on his right ear. Another on his left. If you look on his right ear, you can see the notch. I think they're going to say he's mature this year, if he comes back at least as strong as this past season. I think he'll be 5 1/2 from my history with him, but an argument could be made for 6 1/2 this coming season, though I think it's weak. LOL If he's killed this year, I think it'll be with a bow.

We were worried about the hog hunters killing him before he lost his horns. I was tickled to find the shed, because the odds of them killing him with one horn is low. Once he showed in the above pics, we knew he at least survived the worst part of the year and should have a good chance to be around this next season.

Comment

Just chock it up to some continuing education credits in deer hunting. LOL

Comment

Why would hog hunter kill him out of season?

Comment

Working...
                              X