Obamacare strikes again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texansfan View Post
    Come to find out my drug plan is through CVS/CAremark so the CVS guy was telling me there is a good chance other places won't accept my insurance.
    I was going to call Costco(I'm a member), Walgreens, Walmart and Kroger just to double check.
    They will all accept your insurance, and Costco is usually the best. However when talking maintenance drugs a lot of their plans required you to have them filled through a Caremark facility (CVS, Target, or Caremark mail order) and they must be a 90 day supply.

Comment

I'm sorry fellas. When I voted for him I really bought in on the "hope and change".

Isis spelled backwards is SISI.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
        Wait a doggone minute...

According to some of your past post's,,, it is your job to maximize the drug companies profits, regardless who it might impact.

Can you say KARMA???
        I also help them come up with PAP (Payer Assistance Programs) so a little light went off in my head and I made a call and am only paying $25 for the drug now.

Thanks Novartis!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          What is the name of the drops? I'll run it through GoodRx. They are usually cheaper than with my insurance.
          Vigamox

Comment

Dang I just paid .99 cents for some medicine I needed. My tamiflu was like 34 bucks and then HEB gave me a 25 dollar gift card.

Comment

LOL..............no way my kiddo is going without. Yell about the plans all u want but first is my daughters eyesight (health). But thats just me.
              EDIT: glad the Novartis program worked for you. Based on what we pay for self-employed healthcare monthly it is definitely not good but I wont let my girls go without.......period!

Comment

So my two tear old (MIGHT) have pink eye
                took her to the doc this morning and only way to definitively tell is with a culture they did not do
                So she Rx'd some ye drops instead (just in case)
                wait a few hours to go get the script
                I get there and they want $150!!!
                this is AFTER my insurance paid 80%
                The pharmacist said there is no generic available for these drops but kids have been getting pink since polio days so I KNOW there HAS to be a generic out there
                But $150 for 7 days worth of kids eye drops???
                Thanks Obama!

Needless to say she won't be getting the eye drops and I'll just hope her eyes don't fall out because of my cheapness.
                Dang! Looks like someone analyzed the **** out of those eye drops, in order for the pharmaceutical company to maximize their profits. Kind of ironic really.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                  LOL..............no way my kiddo is going without. Yell about the plans all u want but first is my daughters eyesight (health). But thats just me.
                  EDIT: glad the Novartis program worked for you. Based on what we pay for self-employed healthcare monthly it is definitely not good but I wont let my girls go without.......period!

Amen!

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
                    Rxing meds for pink eye is a crapshoot because most times it is viral not bacterial.
                    So, my wife said no to the meds and we'll take her back to the peds tomorrow to get her eye swabbed for a culture

Comment

Did you try calling the MD back and asking for another prescription? They also offer ointment instead of drops that is much cheaper. Plus, their are other meds that can treat pink eye. And, I have never done an eye culture to diagnose pink eye. Not and MD btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                        Dang! Looks like someone analyzed the **** out of those eye drops, in order for the pharmaceutical company to maximize their profits. Kind of ironic really.
                        And now they're (Novartis) is paying $125 of my co-pay in order to gain market share.
                        Funny how this drug biz works.

Comment

And now they're (Novartis) is paying $125 of my co-pay in order to gain market share.
                          Funny how this drug biz works.
                          I guess "funny" is one way to put it.

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
                            Did you try calling the MD back and asking for another prescription? They also offer ointment instead of drops that is much cheaper. Plus, their are other meds that can treat pink eye. And, I have never done an eye culture to diagnose pink eye. Not and MD btw.
                            Doc doesn't even KNOW that it is pink eye.
                            The school said it might be and said we had to go to the doc before she could return.
                            The wife is saying No Bueno (she doesn't like giving our kids meds) and found most pink eye goes away within a week (like a common cold).

Comment

The info about CVS/Caremark is very deceiving. CVS has done a great job of marketi
                              G their plan administraton to make it seem like you can only use CVS.

Shop all your meds. I spend a little over $1500 per month in meds only for our family, believe it or not, I've saved $700 per month by shopping them. I hit 3 different pharmacies each month for the best deal.

This is until I meet our exorbitant deductible.

Comment

Wife is a nurse and says pink eye last 7 days with drops and 8 days without them. Who really knows!

Comment

Working...
                                X