Post "IT's All About the Video" questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post "IT's All About the Video" questions

So I watched the video, took lots of notes on of the things to look for in a video camera and all the supplies that one would need to video hunts sucessfully. But, I was wondering what all of the "professional videographers" use in terms of cameras. Actually, all of the weekend warriors will have alot of advice as well. So please feel free to explain your choice of camera. Thanks in advance for all the help.

I just use a Cannon Elura and mine have turned out just fine for the past 2 years. If you are filming your own hunts I would reccomend a mini camera just for easr of getting around it in the stand. If you always hunt out of a ground blind then it wouldnt really matter

Comment

Canon XL2 w/ 20X & 3X wide angle lenses
      Bogen/Manfrotto 503 head/tripod
      12' jib w/ Camera Turret PT 20 remote head
      Varizoom PGL PRO Remote
      Adzen WMS 100 wireless mics
      Shure shotgun mic
      CamKote Camouflage cam cover/rain jacket
      7'' LCD 16x9 monitor
      17" LCD 16x9 monitor
      DV Video Control for Mac

Of course I shoot alot of pro stuff and have been doing it for over 15 years. I guess one of these days I'm going to have to post some video. The bad part is that when I resize it and down convert if for the web it loses so much of its quality (to me anyway)......but then again, maybe I have higher standards of video quality!

Comment

So I was just looking at the Canon Elura and the Canon DC100. Neither of these have a 3" LCD screen, but look like they would produce great quality video. Thanks for the info. gentlemen.

Comment

In the "It's All About The Video" DVD, the "most used cameras" were the Sony PDX10. I have been very pleased with my camera. Coupled with the Sennheiser wireless mic, you can't go wrong.

Comment

We use a Canon GL2. We wish we had the money for either a XL2 or XL1 HD.

Comment

Originally posted by Shortbow View Post
              We use a Canon GL2. We wish we had the money for either a XL2 or XL1 HD.
              The XL series cameras are very good for anybody that has a dedicated videographer that will run the camera while another person hunts. However, if you are going to be doing any self-filmed hunting, then you need to consider camera's physical size when deciding on which camera you'll use. I feared that the XL1/XL2 cameras would be so bulky that eventually it'd be too much of a hassle to pack in when filming my own hunt, and ultimately I'd start making trips to the field without it.

Even Sony's VX2100 ( or PD150) and Canon's GL2 are somewhat large form factors when compared to most consumer cameras. Size was certainly one of the determining factors in choosing the PDX10 when I made my purchase in 2003.

Michael
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

I've looked for the PDX10, however haven't had any lucl locating that model camera yet. Thanks for all the input ladies and gentlemen.

Comment

Working...
                X