Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Isla Mujeres

Hello GS,
    Has anyone here been to Cancun recently that can provide beach information?
    We are planning on leaving Sunday for 5 days and would like to know if the beaches are free and clear of debris. The plan is to stay in Isla Mujeres, enjoy the sand, beach, and sea life.
    I appreciate the feedback,
    Cat

Following along. I booked a trip for Isla Mujeres in late September

Comment

Was in Isla last summer for my wedding. Awesome place. Always felt very safe in Isla.

Comment

Not sure on the beach conditions since it was last summer that I went , but I can recommend a fishing charter that will pick you up on isla.

Comment

I sent my wife and 8 of her friends to Playa for her 40th. They just got back last night and said the water was beautiful. You should be just fine on the island, but be real careful in town because it is dangerous. Don't ride in a cab for any reason.

Comment

Spent many a day there never any trouble at all, even very late. Seaweed is bad right now in all of Rivera Maya but it's not horrible in Isla, especially Playa del Norta, they're trying hard to keep it clean.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hunter Dan View Post
              I sent my wife and 8 of her friends to Playa for her 40th. They just got back last night and said the water was beautiful. You should be just fine on the island, but be real careful in town because it is dangerous. Don't ride in a cab for any reason.
              Thanks for the information, we plan to take one of the airport transports, they have excellent ratings in the travel sites.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                Spent many a day there never any trouble at all, even very late. Seaweed is bad right now in all of Rivera Maya but it's not horrible in Isla, especially Playa del Norta, they're trying hard to keep it clean.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                This is where we plan on staying, Playa Norte.
                thanks for the info.

Comment

Jut got back 3 weeks ago it was pretty nice and relaxing, water was clear and very pretty in town was safe and laid back went to garafon park for a day amd found it fun and relaxing now the zona hotelera was crowded at night and water was dirty due to the seaweed but got to enjoy 2 full days before it got bad

Comment

We were in Cancun 2 weeks ago and the water was horrible and the seaweed was terrible. We booked a trip to Isla because we hear the beach was fantastic but the weather got bad and the trip cancelled. We still had a great time just the beach was very disappointing

Comment

Not sure about the beach, but if you stay rent a moped, it makes getting around the island so much fun.

Comment

We were in Cancun last month for 5 days. Lots of seaweed and the beach was not very nice. We took the ferry to Isla Mujeres for a day trip and the beach over there was nice and clean and the water was much nicer. The beach was packed with people by mid-afternoon. Get there early and claim your spot! Have fun!

Comment

Thanks to all that responded. We will be heading out Sunday and hope for the best.

Comment

We returned from Playa Monday, we were there for 4 days. Water was terrible because of sea weed. Stayed at Riu Yucatan. Swimming pool's were awesome!! Met a cabdriver, he had lived in Austin for 5 years, great younger guy, that took us on tours for a full day and all his charge was is $100.00. Of course I tipped him a lot. He saved us hundreds from what the tour company would have charged and brought us snorkeling eq, cold beer, and life jackets. This was my families first time there and I would take a cab anywhere. We walked the streets of Playa at midnight with tens of thousands of other people. Never felt uncomfortable at all. Of course you could find trouble I am sure. Never seen one single crackhead while I was there. Have a blast!!

Comment

Working...
                            X