Teniente or Laguna Atascosa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Teniente or Laguna Atascosa?

Drew both for deer/nilgai archery but they are back to back and I can't go on both. Which one would y'all pick of the two? I did hunt Teniente last year with a rifle so I have some first hand knowledge of the place, neither of us has been to the LA before.

I only saw turkeys at Teniente last year. It was 90s during the day. Everthing was nocturnal. I was on a heavy trail that had huge nilgai dung piles, but never saw one. Sun up to sun down. Everyday I'd see fresh tracks from the night before. No one that I talked to saw anything either. Lots of sign though! So I'd opt for the later date so maybe it would be a little cooler.

Comment

I did both last year. Loved it! This year I had to choose one and I went with LA. I actually saw some nice bucks at teniente and it's definitely easier to get around/set up. But Laguna is just a really cool experience. Lots of land. Really different landscape. Using a bike to get to your spot. Very challenging but I've been looking forward to going back

Comment

Lucky!
        No help, but good luck.

Comment

I killed a bull at LA last year and would highly recommend going there. We saw in the neighborhood of 40 nilgui in one day.

Comment

Wait!!! I mean there’s no nilgui at LA!!!! Don’t waste the money on the tag!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Txpepper View Post
              Wait!!! I mean there’s no nilgui at LA!!!! Don’t waste the money on the tag!!!
              Nope, they all got killed last year.

Comment

Teniente

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                  Teniente

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                  X