Breaking-in a new truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Breaking-in a new truck?

I recently got a 2013 Ecoboost. http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=467319

It's technically a new truck, as it sat on the lot for a year and a half before we bought it. I took delivery at 600 miles and now she's up to 1030. What procedures are appropriate for breaking-in this truck? Does she already have sufficient miles logged? Thus far, I have tried to vary my speed and take it kinda easy. Is this the best approach?

Should I go ahead and change any of the fluids since the truck sat on the lot for so long? Any filters, etc?

Thanks for any help y'all. I have never dealt with a new truck before, and never imagined that I would end up with one.

drive it like u stole it. if it breaks, it's under warranty....

really....
    I think you should have it broke in by now. regular fluid changes.

Comment

Personally I change the oil at 1,000 first. Then regularly at 3-4,000. That's just me. Congrats on the new truck!

Comment

Breaking in done the first 1000 miles. no towing, varying speeds, no hard motor acceleration. Your are past that, so good to go. No fluid changing required or needed.

Comment

Drive it like you stole it!

Comment

My friend's old grandpa said to break in a truck you drive it like he11 for the first couple thousand miles. He meant it. And had trucks from the 70's that still ran great.

Comment

whats a break in period???? lol

Just change the oil when it says to change it probably 7500 miles or so and follow the warranty book.

Comment

The beachfront will break them in quick, fast and in a hurry.

Comment

The break in period is for the first 500 miles and that is just don't drive at the same speed for an expended amount of time.

Comment

I heard a screw driver to the key hole works really well.!!!
                    I was told from a guy at the dealer to drive it like I stole it.

Comment

Look in glove box... Theres a book in there labeled maintenance schedule... Read it and follow directions.

Comment

First you find a good lookin woman, second find a secluded place to park, third proceed with break in.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
                          Look in glove box... Theres a book in there labeled maintenance schedule... Read it and follow directions.
                          I read it. It just talks about breaking in the tires (???) and no towing for the first 1k miles.

Comment

Find the biggest mud hole covered in the thickest mesquite brush you can ind and drive it right off in it. After that she's good to go.

Comment

break in

be sure to romp the hell out of it at least twice weekly or you will eventually get a boost induced condensate slug on your number 6 cylinder and a check yo engine light. You get used to the power and when it isn't there it gets scary. It will happen to me one more time and its bye bye ecoboost or an aftermarket intercooler with a blow off valve.

Comment

Working...
                              X