Pimp my krivoman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    So.e good ideas here. Especially like that Ozonics mount. Have considered getting one.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
    I’m going to be changing this design a little bit. I don’t like having to push the plastic bucket up on the threads and having to start nuts and everything. Makes too much noise so I’m going to try something else to see if it will work. I will update the thread once I’ve made my changes.

Comment

The screens look good.
      They will definitely help when opening the windows in front of deer.
      It's probably irrational, I've just never been comfortable shooting mechanicals through mesh.

You are doing good work, thanks for taking us along.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
        The screens look good.
        They will definitely help when opening the windows in front of deer.
        It's probably irrational, I've just never been comfortable shooting mechanicals through mesh.

You are doing good work, thanks for taking us along.
        I have an issue with it as well and have buddies that will be hunting this blind that shoot mechanicals. The good news is they can easily be removed with a screw driver. The aluminum frames are rigid enough that they only need to be anchored in the corners and since the mesh is in a frame it’s always taught.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
          I’m going to be changing this design a little bit. I don’t like having to push the plastic bucket up on the threads and having to start nuts and everything. Makes too much noise so I’m going to try something else to see if it will work. I will update the thread once I’ve made my changes.
          I do not like the chance of piercing my skull in the dark on the bolts.. I would put a hing on one side and a hook on the other . Set ozonics in it, then swing it up and latch the hook. Just an idea..

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
            I do not like the chance of piercing my skull in the dark on the bolts.. I would put a hing on one side and a hook on the other . Set ozonics in it, then swing it up and latch the hook. Just an idea..
            Great idea Mitch. I will experiment with that this evening.

Comment

There is latex caulk between the window frame and the blind on every blind that has gone out. But when moving blind, laying on side, putting it on trailer, the seal can get broke since blinds flex. Suggest running caulk on top of frame once you get it in place where it is going.
              Mine leaks like nothing else. I asked before how we can fix it like the newer windows. I really would like some help from you due to the $$$ amount i paid for this blind.

My version is where you just screwed the window direct to the plastic. No amount of silicone or caulking will keep it from leaking. The angle of the windows let water drain in as they are at an angle /

Comment

Your welcome to call me. 5127624080

What you are talki ng about is different than what they are talking about. If rain hits the glass windows it cN come in due to the hi ng ed window closing flat against another flat surface. There are a couple of solutions.
                Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                Mine leaks like nothing else. I asked before how we can fix it like the newer windows. I really would like some help from you due to the $$$ amount i paid for this blind.

My version is where you just screwed the window direct to the plastic. No amount of silicone or caulking will keep it from leaking. The angle of the windows let water drain in as they are at an angle /
                Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

There is latex caulk between the window frame and the blind on every blind that has gone out. But when moving blind, laying on side, putting it on trailer, the seal can get broke since blinds flex. Suggest running caulk on top of frame once you get it in place where it is going.
                  I did this to all of my windows and even pulled the windows back out and re-caulked between mounting flange and blind and I have had ZERO issues

Comment

This happened when moving mine. I probably cranked down a little to hard on the ratchet straps because it was pretty deformed when I got to the lease and took it off the trailer. After a day in the hot sun it popped back into shape. I figured it might have shifted the windows some so I re-sealed the edges with silicone. It has been in some hard rain and has not leaked.

Comment

Yep. But it's an easy fix.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Your welcome to call me. 5127624080

What you are talki ng about is different than what they are talking about. If rain hits the glass windows it cN come in due to the hi ng ed window closing flat against another flat surface. There are a couple of solutions.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Will do. Thank you for the number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Full credit goes to Mitch on this one. I took his advice and ran with it. Instead of studs I put in a hinge and latch. Best news is I can use the original vent flap and can use it with my ozonics mount that I made.

Click image for larger version

Name:	95A6A3D2-DC4D-4B44-98B6-6258443E95BE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	24550253

Name:	4B3CA4B6-EF07-4438-A512-A6B4A856E058.jpg
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	24550254

Name:	42CB3526-A506-4CC0-B2A1-99752E98D42F.jpg
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	24550255

Name:	3E834639-0056-4CE0-AC90-0440C46F6D19.jpg
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	24550256
                          Last edited by Reaper87; 08-14-2018, 06:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Reaper87 View Post
                            Full credit goes to Mitch on this one. I took his advice and ran with it. Instead of studs I put in a hinge and latch. Best news is I can use the original vent flap and can use it with my ozonics mount that I made.

[ATTACH]920081[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]920082[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]920083[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]920084[/ATTACH]

Every now and then I get one right. Looks great. Probably will be alot less noise setting up as well. Looks awesome. you work fast.

Comment

Every now and then I get one right. Looks great. Probably will be alot less noise setting up as well. Looks awesome. you work fast.
                              Noise is down considerably. I was looking for a latch like a yeti cooler or Jeep hood or something but couldn’t find anything but this works just fine. As far as working fast all my tools and stuff were already out and my shop is a mess. Looks like a bomb went off in there. Lol

Comment

Looks really good. Hope it all works good for u when u get it all done.

Comment

Working...
                                X