Street Tacos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Big Mike M View Post
    I sure miss them tacos and beans. Haven't been brave enough to adventure over there in about 8 years

They way the chopped it all up with those choppers on that thick wood board was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by longhorn_cop View Post
      They way the chopped it all up with those choppers on that thick wood board was awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
      Piece of a giant mesquite trunk.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I love pastor street tacos! And about 3 hours later they love me back

Comment

Originally posted by hooligan View Post
          There is a laundramat near me that has a taquiera in it and it’s amazing. Half the time I don’t know what I’m ordering but I give the guy $5 and he give me 5 tacos and a bottle of water and they’re always delicious
          And where in Ft Worth might this place be? I'm always up for tacos. I'm in North Ft Worth

Comment

Had some tripas,lengua and barbacoa tacos yesterday. I'm a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
              WTH is a street taco? Taco truck, taco trailer or taco lady ( who brings tacos in cooler to your construction site )? Renamed by millennial's?
              Street tacos, also know as "tacos" in Mexico are more traditional: typically a doubled corn tortilla, seasoned or stewed meat, and maybe cilantro / onions with a salsa on the side. If they get fancy with it, you might have some pickled veggies on it. Basically it's a differentiation from US style tacos: flour tortillas, meat, cheese, sour cream, sauces, maybe beans, lettuce, tons of toppings, etc.

I'd wager the real reason they're called street instead of traditional is because it's fewer syllables and sounds cooler.
              Last edited by sir shovelhands; 07-28-2018, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                I love pastor street tacos! And about 3 hours later they love me back
                Always one......

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                  Street tacos, also know as "tacos" in Mexico are more traditional: typically a doubled corn tortilla, seasoned or stewed meat, and maybe cilantro / onions with a salsa on the side. If they get fancy with it, you might have some pickled veggies on it. Basically it's a differentiation from US style tacos: flour tortillas, meat, cheese, sour cream, sauces, maybe beans, lettuce, tons of toppings, etc.

I'd wager the real reason they're called street instead of traditional is because it's fewer syllables and sounds cooler.
                  Lmao.

You must not be from Texas.

Comment

I'm partial to this place at 190 and Jupiter

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                      Lmao.

You must not be from Texas.

Why’s that?

Comment

Originally posted by cfortner View Post
                        I'm partial to this place at 190 and Jupiter

I like the heck out of that $2.39 diesel [emoji15]

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
                          Why’s that?
                          Guessing because (at least down here) you cannot get a 'street taco' with flour tortillas if you attempted to order such.

Our street taco availability is limited to the traditional mexican menu...again, guessing.

Comment

Does anyone have a awesome taco seasoning recipe for me to try?

Cooking tomorrow at work and we don't want to buy the package brands.

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyTango View Post
                              Does anyone have a awesome taco seasoning recipe for me to try?

Cooking tomorrow at work and we don't want to buy the package brands.

Thanks in advance
                              Cumin, salt, pepper and garlic power... Paprika for a smoky addition and ground chile piquin if you want to add some heat.. Mix first four ingredients to personal taste then if desired add the last two

Comment

Working...
                              X