X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can get a 7 for under $400. Not DI but sonar and GPS

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
      I have a Lowrance Hook 7, Humminbird Helix 7 SI, and a Garmin 73SV on my boat. Everyone does something better than the others but if I could have just one I would take the Garmin but I do like Navionics which Garmin recently acquired

Everyone uses garmin down here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Buck Slayer View Post
        Sell it to OP!

Not a bad idea.

Comment

Helix 9 will be my next big purchase. My brother just bought the 12.. said it's worth it's its weight in gold

Comment

Side imaging comes in really handy for me in Galveston bay when I'm hitting up old pilings and structure along the shoreline. I love being able to see under piers and into canal docks.

Comment

OP is interested if you want to make a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                OP is interested if you want to make a deal.

Message me with your offer

Comment

I used to run Lowrance, until I had to deal with customer service. It's all Hummingbird for me now.

Comment

I run a helix 9 on the console and a 7 up front. The Lake Master chip is far superior than the Navionics. the Birds Auto Chart live is an awesome feature. All of you that say you don't like the picture need to play with your settings and make sure your transducer is level at the angle your boat sits in the water, "leveling on the trailer will not give you a clear picture."
                    If anyone needs help with there settings there is a "Humminbird tips and tricks" facebook site that is loaded with info.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                      I run a helix 9 on the console and a 7 up front. The Lake Master chip is far superior than the Navionics. the Birds Auto Chart live is an awesome feature. All of you that say you don't like the picture need to play with your settings and make sure your transducer is level at the angle your boat sits in the water, "leveling on the trailer will not give you a clear picture."
                      If anyone needs help with there settings there is a "Humminbird tips and tricks" facebook site that is loaded with info.
                      I don't like the picture of the Bird better than my Low and its adjusted just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                        I don't like the picture of the Bird better than my Low and its adjusted just fine.
                        Good for you. I'm glad you're happy with the lowrance. My partner runs dual hds 10's and loves them. But I get a better DI image than he does in the deep stuff.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
                          Good for you. I'm glad you're happy with the lowrance. My partner runs dual hds 10's and loves them. But I get a better DI image than he does in the deep stuff.

I fished the Bird for yrs. I use sonar more than SI and Lowarance shows the Arches better on stripers in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                            I fished the Bird for yrs. I use sonar more than SI and Lowarance shows the Arches better on stripers in my opinion.
                            I do like the chirp on the lowrance better but I mainly use the di and si for structure and type of bottom being that I target those green fish. Depending on time of year I will run dual chirp and image looking for the fish chasing bait balls or suspended offshore. These electronics have come a long ways.

Comment

I like using a small cannon ball with a rope tied to it. Tells me the depth pretty well.

Comment

I had a helix 9 and recently went to a Lowrance HDS 12 and the Humminbird is a better graph in my opinion. The map on the Humminbird is a lot better. You will most likely need a navionics chip with a Lowrance that’s another 160 bucks

Comment

Working...
                                X