Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
    Not even top 20 in the area. LOL.
    This right here. Its just not very good.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
      This! Or Gruene River Grille.
      And don't forget to go to Gruene Hall and spin around the dance floor at least one time.
      Started going down there about 35 years ago now it just breaks my heart to go. Too many **** people. I'm sure they said the same thing 35 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by justintyme8303 View Post
        Funny your coming to Austin asking for things to do in Austin and everyone giving you places to go outside of town...lol

Why not something like the lost pines resort between Austin and Bastrop? Think they have one is San Antonio too or the riverwalk?

I just dont see Austin as a place for a staycation JMO I guess I have lived in the area too long.

We went here and stayed in the log cabin cool place to get away.

https://www.blisswood.net/
        Not everyone. It happens when you visit the best area of the state. Too much to do in in a weekend. Plenty to do in Austin proper as well when compared to places like Dallas or Houston.

We didn't even get to Wimberley, Johnson City, Fredericksburg or Luckenbach yet.

Comment

You can walk through the State Cemetery. Chris Kyle memorial is pretty awesome to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Ksig512 View Post
            You can walk through the State Cemetery. Chris Kyle memorial is pretty awesome to see.
            Not the same place but the SRV statue is cool too.

Comment

Not the same place but the SRV statue is cool too.
              Yeah , I forgot about that one .

Comment

Originally posted by burntorange bowhunter View Post
                not everyone. It happens when you visit the best area of the state. Too much to do in in a weekend. Plenty to do in austin proper as well when compared to places like dallas or houston (also known as craphole to some locals).

We didn't even get to wimberley, johnson city, fredericksburg or luckenbach yet.
                fify

Comment

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...ghlight=austin

Barton Springs
                  Barton Creek Greenbelt
                  Bob Bullock Museum
                  One of the State Parks (Pace Bend, Muleshoe, Turkey bend, Hamilton Pool, McKinney Roughs, McKinney Falls, Pedernales Falls)
                  360 Bridge Lookout
                  Natural Bridge Caverns
                  Broken Spoke for some dancing
                  Enchanted Rock
                  Kayak or Stand Up Paddleboard on Town Lake
                  Inner Space Caverns
                  Outlet Malls in San Marcos
                  Walk and shop along S. Congress

Food:
                  Moonshine
                  Hopdoddy
                  Abel's on the Lake
                  Ranch 616
                  Hut's Hamburgers
                  Matt's El Rancho
                  Texas Honey Ham
                  Homeslice Pizza
                  BBQ- Make the easy drive to Lockhart and pick your poison (Blacks, Smittys, Kreuz, City Market)

Comment

I just got a text from my bride that we are staying in a......Teepee....in New Braunfels for my son's birthday...

Gruene Hall, Gristmill, and Gruene River Grille....here I come! River floating is the official sport of middle aged fat guys, after all.

Comment

I just got a text from my bride that we are staying in a......Teepee....in New Braunfels for my son's birthday...

Gruene Hall, Gristmill, and Gruene River Grille....here I come! River floating is the official sport of middle aged fat guys, after all.
                      Let me know how that teepee works out for you.

Comment

I sure hope for you they have updated that Teepee from the 60’s versions I have seen.

Comment

Things to do in Austin

Originally posted by simek View Post
                          Let me know how that teepee works out for you.

Originally posted by ByronB View Post
                          I sure hope for you they have updated that Teepee from the 60’s versions I have seen.

Y'all are making me nervous...

These are permanent structures, and I'm told they are air conditioned with tepur pedicure mattresses...should I be concerned?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

These are permanent structures, and I'm told they are air conditioned with tepur pedicure mattresses...should I be concerned?

LOL.....My guess is these are nice and updated. When I was a kid....in the 70’s....we would drive by some that were used in front of an RV Park. It will be something different and you can always use this stay as a conversation starter.

Comment

Not everyone. It happens when you visit the best area of the state. Too much to do in in a weekend. Plenty to do in Austin proper as well when compared to places like Dallas or Houston.

We didn't even get to Wimberley, Johnson City, Fredericksburg or Luckenbach yet.
                              All I know to do is the speed limit in Johnson City. Other than that, stop at the Exxon for Gas, a cheap pizza slice and move some cold beer up front for the last leg to Fredericksburg. I am aware of the state parks around the area but guess I am missing the hidden gems there.

Last time we were in Austin we did a Food truck tour with a dude that brought beer for us, kind of like a food truck guide. That was decent if you are into that kind of thing.

Comment

A tepur pedicure mattress? So pretty much a Chinese lady uses a Slovakian carpet cleaner to perform a pedicure while you lay on the mattress.....in a teepee?

Comment

Working...
                                X