Protein Feed Trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Protein Feed Trailer

Thinking of going to bulk Feed. Need to buy a bin approx 14 Ton and feed trailer. Any tips or advise on who makes best feed trailer as far as ease of operation. I have talked w Atascosa Wildlife. Thx
    Last edited by TexasTK; 10-16-2017, 09:06 AM.

really like your icon, beautiful deer

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
      Thinking of going to bulk Feed. Need to buy a bin approx 14 Ton and feed trailer. Any tips or advise on who makes best feed trailer as far as ease of operation. I have talked w Atascosa Wildlife. Thx
      I bought a feed blower from Atascosa Wildlife Supply about 4 years ago. As for the bin, look at Southwest Fabricators out of Hugo Oklahoma.

Comment

I got a 4.5 ton double axle trailer and a 14 ton bin this spring, both Atascosa.

I also poured a 6” double rebar slab for the bin.

Comment

Atascosa will have all u need in trailers and bins.

Gravity flow bin is best option. 9k pounds in about a minute vs the auger system.

Bruton makes a feed wagon too.

Comment

Feed jet out of San Angelo as well.

I think all are the same except the bin gate at the top and the feed jet runs of a bigger battery.

Comment

Thanks tminc for compliment.
              Looks like all the feed bin manufactures are all about same on price and I guess blower type trailer best way to go. Looks like Atascosa will more than likely get my business. Just have to decide 3 ton or 4.5 ton trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasTK View Post
                Thanks tminc for compliment.
                Looks like all the feed bin manufactures are all about same on price and I guess blower type trailer best way to go. Looks like Atascosa will more than likely get my business. Just have to decide 3 ton or 4.5 ton trailer.
                How far will most of the feeders be from the bin?

If a good distance I would go with the 4.5-5 ton, making less trips can save a lot of time, and as Cull hunter said, get the gravity flow overhead bin, is much quicker to fill compared to the auger ones

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
                  I bought a feed blower from Atascosa Wildlife Supply about 4 years ago. As for the bin, look at Southwest Fabricators out of Hugo Oklahoma.
                  This combo ^ at last property I worked for was great.

changed ranches and now work with a green overhead bin from san Angelo and a easy feed trailer. Bin gets moisture to feed and blower is crazy loud. Wouldn't buy again

Comment

Working...
                  X