exotics in august?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

exotics in august?

hello,even though we havent decided where to go for our 4 day hunt this year we have it narrowed down to when,thats august.i know it will be hotter than 40 firepits! you guys that have hunted the exotics in the summer months,does the heat shut them down? i am hoping all,axis,fallow,stags will be in hard horn at that time . we just dont know where to go yet,we like the outfits that allow exotics,rams and hogs in one package so i am leaning on these three bar e,keith johns and bowhunters paradise.i have hunted bar e and keiths place,i had a great time at both......decisions descisions! are any of you planning a hunt at that time,if so where?

thanks,
    Bill

Axis deer are actually more likely to mate during July and August, so there's more activity. However, the hot temps do shut down most animals - pigs will likely only move at night; not sure on the other exotics.

Comment

Just got back from mesquite bowhunting and you definitely shouldn't have a problem getting a shot out there. I loved it once again.

Comment

I'm goin to Bar E in March and again in May. I love that place. I know in May it's hotter than heck, but the hunting is usually good for Axis and we have a good time.

Comment

The Bar E,was A Blast,just All The Exotics We Saw Were In Velvet And Off Limits. Have They Lifted There Velvet Restriction?

Comment

You should book at keiths again. Were having a tbh birthday hunt there in may. Its drenalin junkie's b day. I think it will be me , skeeter, jdalfonte and of course drenalin junkie. Just a thought and ought to be fun!!!

Comment

Working...
            X