X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't seen one single deer.

Not a buck.

Not a doe.

I don't believe that we lost any deer, I think they just don't have to come out of heavy cover where their favorite food is abundant. They'll run out of acorns about the time season is over.

Comment

Counts on camera are up from last year, sightings way down. For whatever reason they just haven't been moving much during the daytime, but have sat and counted 17 deer in one sit and 18 the next weekend, lots of does w/ twins.

Comment

I saw more bucks than I have ever seen in the past 6 years and not near as many doe. Not seeing doe is very unusual. I begged to see bucks last year and only saw a few that were way to young. I have seen about the same over all amount as the past few years.

Comment

I've seen 34 I can count and 8 of them were bucks. That's 34 more than what I saw last year!

Comment

I will have a better update this week but my trip to the ranch in November I saw about a 1/1 ratio. It was really windy and deer didn't cooperate very well. The last day on one stand we saw 15 bucks and 10 does and on the other stand they saw 5 bucks and 10 does. The stands are about 800 to 1000 yards apart.

Comment

We are doing well this year. But on 800 acres we have 20 head of cattle and thats it! We also have well fed tanks in every pasture. We have a lot of WT does and Bucks this year prob 20 every time the feeder goes off. Sika population is very high, Axis medium, Black buck seems low and we have seen a few audad as well. Overall a great year.

Comment

We have seen alot more and taken more than any year since 2008. Also have a ton of fawns/yearlings...something to look forward to in 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by meathunter View Post
                  Seeing allot of deer and allot of bucks. Seeing more deer this year than we have seen in a while.
                  Same here at our home place in S E Texas. Feeling pretty blessed after reading other reports ^^

Comment

The third ranch I mentioned we would see 10-20 deer per feeder with 6 feeders, 4-5 would be bucks.

This year we are seeing 5-10 deer per feeder and only 3 bucks total.

It was hit pretty hard by the drought too.

Comment

Seen about 25, lots of does and young bucks, only 1 shooter. Gillespie county....

Comment

More buck than doe, but numbers are close to even, and our numbers are up this year. However bucks are young! Camera has caught 2 decent bucks of shooting age. And that is camera and sitting! I usually try to keep all the exact numbers, dates, moon phase, weather, and pics on my computer, from camera and sitting in the blind.
                        Last edited by Heckmonkey; 12-13-2012, 07:17 PM. Reason: I am a frequent visitor of the National Weather Service

Comment

Working...
                        X