Outdoor Shower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Outdoor Shower

This forum gave me all the notions I needed for my last project, can you help me with this one?

The property has a trailer house which I dont care to enter anymore. But I have a working water well and power.

I'm blessed with being able to cut out of work early some days, but I dont care to drive home just to get scent free. So I want to make a outdoor shower.

I have some ideas, but look to this forum for the winner. What ya got?

hose to a garden wand, hang the wand. you could do much more aesthetically pleasing and expensive stuff though

Comment

Originally posted by jackh View Post
      hose to a garden wand, hang the wand. you could do much more aesthetically pleasing and expensive stuff though
      Thats one of my ideas.....

Comment

Me & the(now ex) S-I-L rigged a portable outdoor shower together a few years back. We used an old wood pallet for the floor, and put it under a decent live-oak tree. We ran a garden hose up to a branch under the pallet, and zip tied the ganden wand facing down towards the pallet. We used some
        2'' pvc that was laying back behind the old barn and made a 7' box frame around the pallet & hung some cheap shower curtians we picked up from the Wal-Mart in Brady. This worked fine for cold showers, for hot showers i had one of those solar bag shower bag deals that worked real good as well. Just hung the bag on the same limb as the wand.

Comment

I got this one from Orvis as a father's day present. It is great but much more expensive than the garden wand . . . http://www.orvis.com/store/product.aspx?pf_id=84LR

Comment

before we got the trailer we used a garden hose hooked up to a sprinkler head and was good... in the summer most of us still use it instead of the trailer...

Comment

shower in the creek haha

Comment

Use PVC to build a frame An old pallet for the floor, a cheap shower head with cold and hot water faucet on it. Run a line from your water heater for one side and one from a cold water faucet on the other. . Then you can adjust the water to any temp you like, hang shower curtains from the frame to give the girls in camp some privacy or use a trap to do the same thing. . You can build the whole thing for 50 bucks and use it for years winter spring fall summer

Comment

Pvc is cheap and easy

Use PVC to build a frame An old pallet for the floor, a cheap shower head with cold and hot water faucet on it. Run a line from your water heater for one side and one from a cold water faucet on the other. . Then you can adjust the water to any temp you like, hang shower curtains from the frame to give the girls in camp some privacy or use a trap to do the same thing. . You can build the whole thing for 50 bucks and use it for years winter spring fall summer

Comment

Good ideas

Comment

Well, this is what I came up with. Drove to the property this morning clueless, and this popped in my head.
                      Attached Files

Comment

good start i bought a instant water heater from sportsman guide and it works great you hook it up to a water hose and propane tank and instant hot water i loved mine about 100 well spent

Comment

A plastic pallet works real good and will not give you splinners

Comment

Buy a "nomad" sprayer that plugs into your truck lighteror 4-wheeler spotlight socket.
                            We warm water on the pit after cooking, then poor it in the sprayer, plug into cigarette lighter, stand in the bed of the truck and shower. If too cold outside then we get a battery adapter that clamps to the battery, but has a cigarette lighter and we take into the trailer and stand in the shower. Our camp has no running water. If so, we would just get in the shower.

Comment

Originally posted by cdoc View Post
                              well, this is what i came up with. Drove to the property this morning clueless, and this popped in my head.
                              is that a pool filter in the background??

Comment

Working...
                              X