8-11-12 Irion Co. velvet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8-11-12 Irion Co. velvet

Slowed down on pictures last week,due to rain I presume. Deer are not staying on the feeders much at times and mostly at night. Here are some pics mostly of the same bucks I've posted all Summer thus far.
    Any Score guesses are welcome on all these bucks!
    How wide is the Older 10 in the first pic?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by KingsX; 08-11-2012, 01:02 PM.

Pic#7 buck is still growing.......most are about done if not done growing now. I'm guessing maybe another week or two of growth for most.

Comment

Good looking bucks. Looks like you will have a great year.

Comment

Dang nice deers!!

Comment

nice bucks

Comment

Those are some great lookin bucks!

Comment

I would have to Go 19ins on the 1st 10pt. I like the looks of the younger 10pt. he is going to make a heck of a trophy one day.

Comment

Yalls Place looks nice and green. Bet ours is pretty burnt by now. Deer are really looking good. Early season may be aittle slow for you this year with a the green. Heck you and Brandon may have to hunt more than just the first couple weeks this year to kill your trophy.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
                  Pic#7 buck is still growing.......most are about done if not done growing now. I'm guessing maybe another week or two of growth for most.
                  Where is a good place to buy the bale's of alphalfa? I was going to do that at our place.

Comment

Originally posted by wlfhound27 View Post
                    Where is a good place to buy the bale's of alphalfa? I was going to do that at our place.
                    Local feed stores around here all have them and just about all livestock feed stores will.

Comment

Thanks kingsx! I wonder if i put some out, if they would still hit it in late oct thru nov? Nice trail cam pics. Good luck this year!!

Comment

Originally posted by wlfhound27 View Post
                        Thanks kingsx! I wonder if i put some out, if they would still hit it in late oct thru nov? Nice trail cam pics. Good luck this year!!
                        They will hit it harder durning fall and winter months. It takes time on some places to get them to eat alfalfa. If they don't right away don't be discouraged and keep putting it out untill they do. Cheapest 24/7 feed you can set out in my opinion and it makes old bucks make bad habits!

Comment

Sweet! Thanks for the advice. I will put a few bale's out next week. Maybe they will take to it. I see your deer knocked it out in 2 days

Comment

Looks like a target rich environment! I never would have thought to put out alfalfa bales, gonna have to use that the next time I'm on a lease.

Comment

If you have hogs, you better keep the alfalfa in a pen.

Comment

Working...
                              X