Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just gets better with my local Ram Dealer!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"No work performed" just means they didn't fix anything. Just because they believe it's a recall doesn't mean they didn't spend time diagnosing what the actual problem was. These things are almost always diag fee assessed unless it's a recall, never really seen any dealer operate otherwise.

Comment

I guess I can't figure out how they are supposed to know what it is without a diagnostic....

I paid for one last week on my Ford motorhome for the same issue - abs light.

Guy plugged in his computer while I waited, said it was the driver side speed sensor, crawled under there with me, showed me what to change out, gave me the part number and said to take it home and fix it myself.

Money well spent.

Comment

Seems like there shouldn't be a charge if they told you it was a recall item.

I once took my truck in and they didn't tell me it was a recall item. Found out later and went up the chain at GM until I got my money refunded.

Not a fan of dealers.

Comment

Nobody at the dealer told me about a recall item on the rear suspension. Could very well be, because the service manager and I had a dispute over whether my pickup met the criteria on a different recall spelled out in a letter that I received from the corporate headquarters. The noise was obvious as described in the letter. Since the service manager wouldn't be reasonable I got corporate involved. They assured me that my vehicle did meet their criteria and that the vehicle would be fixed free of charge. When I came back to the dealer the service manager wouldn't look at nor speak to me. There were never any hateful words spoken by me at either visit. Guess the guy just hated having to face that he was in the wrong for denying me recall repairs.

Comment

Any mechanic I have ever taken my car to has charged me a diagnostic fee. I would bet there is a sign hanging somewhere that states this.

Comment

Most parts stores will hook up to your computer for free and tell you what the problem is. Why go to a dealer ? I never go to a dealer unless it's obviously warranty work.

Comment

[QUOTE=Drycreek3189;12644320]Most parts stores will hook up to your computer for free and tell you what the problem is. Why go to a dealer ? I never go to a dealer unless it's obviously warranty work.[/QUOTE

I start at auto stores but they can typically only point you in a direction with the code that is showing. I have had luck with them but not always.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                  Diagnostic fee?
                  ^^This for sure^^^

Comment

Go with a Chevrolet. Problem fixed

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      Most parts stores will hook up to your computer for free and tell you what the problem is. Why go to a dealer ? I never go to a dealer unless it's obviously warranty work.
                      But in this case they told him it was warranty work. Then said it wasn't and charged him the fee. What would you do then?

Comment

Originally posted by sbushee View Post
                        Go with a Chevrolet. Problem fixed
                        Yea right! Having bought several Chevrolet vehicles over the years, I can honestly say that's BS. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by LuBowhunter View Post
                          That's fine but if your gonna charge me that, list it. Also don't mislead me into thinking it's a recall issue then tell me it's not and charge me. Also I fixed my truck in 10 minutes via using YouTube.
                          The mechanics these dealerships employ these days are so lame. I bought me a good diagnostic computer and do my own repairs. If it's something major I don't use the dealer.

Comment

They don't look at it for free bud...

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                              Yea right! Having bought several Chevrolet vehicles over the years, I can honestly say that's BS. Lol
                              Sorry to hear that. I haven't had that experience at all.

Comment

They all charge a fee and I think the op knows that but the fact that he left it there under the pretense it was a recall the diagnostic was never agreed to since he was told to leave it for recall not a diagnosis, if after the issue was found to not be recall related they should've called or stopped any further action until authorization from the owner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X