Scopes for 300 Blackout AR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scopes for 300 Blackout AR

Recently got a new AR in 300 Blackout and need some suggestions on what scope to put on it. This gun will be a dedicated hog rifle. 16" Heavy SS 1:8 twist barrel with pistol gas system. I will only be shooting supersonics out of it for the foreseeable future. I'll be taking shots from 50-250 yards. Night hunts will happen with a Moultrie hog light on feeder. Price range $200-$700. I really like the illuminated reticle for low light shooting since it is hard to see the black reticle on a black hog in low light. What do y'all suggest?

I'd look for a 1x4 or even a budget 1x6 in that price range for your intended use . As a night hunter I believe an illuminated reticle is a must no matter the target . Check out the vortex viper or strike eagle . I know several other brands have similar 1-4/1-6 options too .

Comment

Originally posted by Sabineshooter View Post
      I'd look for a 1x4 or even a budget 1x6 in that price range for your intended use . As a night hunter I believe an illuminated reticle is a must no matter the target . Check out the vortex viper or strike eagle . I know several other brands have similar 1-4/1-6 options too .
      Yeah I was looking at the Vortex Crossfire 2 Hog Hunter in 3-10x56. I like the 50-56mm objective lens size for night hunting. Ill have to look up some of their more expensive scopes.

Comment

Vortex crossfire 3-9 illuminated

I got mine for under 200

Comment

IDK if it would be a good fit for you, but I really like the Leupold 1.25-4 VX-R Patrol.

Comment

Wouldn't the Larger objective lenses be better for low light conditions? I keep seeing, and my coworkers keep recommending these low magnification small objective lens scopes because its on an AR.

Comment

I put a Vortex Viper PST 1 - 4x24mm on my 300bo $525, with the scope mount on Amazon.
              Haven't shot with it yet but very clear.

Comment

I like my p300 nikon

Comment

Can't go wrong with the vortex strike eagle

Comment

I mounted a 1-4 Vortex PST on mine and really like it for the blackout.
                    It is plenty bright for night hunting with lights. Illuminated reticle is very fast for close up but still has finer reticle for longer shots as well.

Comment

I was in your same situation. Ended up buying a used ziess conquest off tbh 3x9-40, and learned real quick that quality glass will trump "big objective" and lighted reticle. I can shoot as long into the day as possible.... then it's thermal anyway

Comment

I love my 1-4x Vortex Viper PST. Super clear and it has the illuminated reticle although I never use it. Been great so far. I've stalked up to 30-40 yards on hogs at night and hit a coon at 350-400 with it.

If you want a little more power then check out the Primary Arms 1-6x. I hear good things about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went with a Burris MTAC 1-4x24, has illuminated reticle is night vision compatible for future equipment additions and in your price range. My 300 BLK is a 9" with a suppressor so the 1-4 is plenty of power for the ranges I expect to shoot. You may want a little more magnification.

Comment

I put a 1-6X24 on mine. I won't do that again on something I am going to hunt with. Hard to see at dusk and the Minox I have has pretty good glass in it.

Comment

Working...
                            X