X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Sunday)

Daily Bible Portion - 1 of 7
    "HE APPROACHED"

(Weekly Reading>>Genesis 44:18-47:27, Ezekiel 37:15–28, Colossians 1:1-29)

Joseph’s Life: Part Three
    (The Brothers at the Altar)

It had been a long journey for Joseph leading up to these events in his life. As the portion opens we read of one last heart test Joseph had for his brothers. How would they respond to his stated intention of keeping their youngest brother Benjamin while the rest of the brothers are sent on their way? Judah risks his life pleading for Benjamin’s freedom. He knows that approaching and initiating conversation with Pharaoh or a high ranking official in his court without being summoned by them was punishable by death. Judah shared with passion, detailing in chronological order their journey from beginning to end and how the brothers had complied with all that Joseph had asked of them. Judah then shared about their family life, focusing on Benjamin and his father’s love for him. This was the main thrust of Judah’s story. He also disclosed to Joseph that he was the one who guaranteed Benjamin’s safety to their father.

“Your servant my father said to us, ‘You know that my wife bore me two sons. One of them went away from me, and I said, He has surely been torn to pieces. And I have not seen him since. If you take this one from me too and harm comes to him, you will bring my gray head down to the grave in misery’” (Genesis 44:27-29).

He has surely been torn to pieces is a prophetic picture of the twelve tribes of Jacob/Israel separating in the future(1 Kings 11-12). History reveals that the tribes did become Two Kingdoms or Houses - the House of Judah and the House of Israel – with many of the tribes assimilating into the Nations around them for a season. Following the pattern of this prophetic biblical narrative we see in this modern day the twelve tribes now being drawn together by the Holy Spirit, thus it is imperative that Benjamin is with them as he will be the liaison at the future reunification of the Two Houses of Israel(Ezekiel 37; Acts 1: 6).

Although Judah was Jacob’s son through Leah he did not appear reticent or jealous as he acknowledged Rachel’s children were Jacob’s beloved ones. Jacob loved all of his children but Rachel’s sons had a special place in his heart. All of the brothers now understood this and accepted it in their hearts. After his plea for mercy, Judah, in an act of self-sacrifice, offered his life for Benjamin’s life so the boy could return to his father.

Joseph Declares Himself – He is Alive!
    (Genesis 45)

Joseph could no longer contain his emotions. He cried out, “Have everyone leave my presence!” Joseph wept so loud that even the Egyptians who had left his presence heard him. There was no outsider with Joseph when he made himself known to his brothers.

Just as Joseph revealed his identity privately to his brothers, so Yeshua revealed Himself as Messiah to only His Israelite brethren, the offspring of the Whole House of Jacob/Israel, all twelve tribes.

“As Yeshua approached Jerusalem and saw the city, He wept over it and said, ‘If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace – but now it is hidden from your eyes’” (Luke 19:41-42).

John 20:19 “Then, the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled [alone], for fear of the Jews [Pharisees and the elders], Jesus/Yeshua came and stood in the midst, and said to them, ‘Peace be with you.’”

continues tomorrow...
Working...
X