No announcement yet.

Thoughts on players skipping College bowl games for NFL draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t like it but I’m not sure I would do any different. It would be hard to risk that much money on a game that is meaningless to your career.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
      NFL > College
      As a fan and the gameday atmosphere.....hell no.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

As a fan of the game, I don't like it, but I can't blame the kids that do it.
        My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
          If you skip out on CFP games then I understand. But I dont fault anyone that wants to minimize the risk of getting injured prior to earning a job that pays more per year than what 99% of people out there will make.
          Bottom line sir! What is hilarious is folks actually believe it matters to these major programs that literally make MILLIONS of dollars over the 3 years the young man is on that campus. 53 scholarships are a blip on the overall radar. NFL careers are approximately 3 to 3.5 years. The retirement pension requires 5 years...…….duh...…...not a hard choice at all. You can get a college degree when you are 30, 50, or 100, your years on the field are minimal. 100,000 college football players per year and the NFL has a 1,400 man roster including practice squad. That 1,400 includes the veterans!!! The odds are horrendous and even a minimal injury may jeopardize an opportunity.

Comment

If it was my son I would want him to not play. JMO. It could cost him millions. Make more in a few years than most of us will in our life time. Again JMO.

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
              Hahaha, what? You can't be serious. The money these athletes make for the colleges through TV, ticket sales, etc.... is astronomical and they get room & board, books and tuition in return.

They get a little bit more than that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Most scholarships are year to year. If my kid was a high draft pic and not playing for a NC or top bowl I would encourage them to skip. Millions could be at risk. As far as the stay in school and get an education ...horse malarkey . Go make bank while you can.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  Most scholarships are year to year. If my kid was a high draft pic and not playing for a NC or top bowl I would encourage them to skip. Millions could be at risk. As far as the stay in school and get an education ...horse malarkey . Go make bank while you can.
                  Bingo. Show me the money.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    As a fan and the gameday atmosphere.....hell no.

Agreed, but we're talking $$$ here

Comment

When you are talking about millions of dollars, I wouldn't blame a guy in a doesn't matter bowl for protecting himself.

Me, I believe you play them until they make you quit, and you play them hard. But I've never been in any danger of getting payed to play either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Im with most. As a fan I absolutely don’t like it but I understand it.

What are the statistics of players injured in a bowl game that affected their draft? Got to be some??

Comment

I used to think it was a show of selfishness. After seeing players having major injuries in bowl games I can understand why they do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            Every college football players goal is to make millions in the NFL, not play in a bowl game.

Agree, it sucks for the fan but I get it.

Comment

Honestly, we have no dog in the fight. The kid has to do whats best for himself. Im good either way

Comment

I would say screw the bowl game and worry about making a paycheck so I can provide for my family.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X