No announcement yet.

Those with suppressors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

once you shoot with a can, you'll never want to be without it.

Comment

Originally posted by awright View Post
      you're wrong about that. It hurts your resale value with a lot of people. Many of them want nothing to do with possibly being investigated for having a silencer, or even just being looked at funny at the range.
      Show me *one* example of a threaded barrel gun being sold and someone commenting "Wish it wasn't threaded or I would take it."

Just one.

We'll wait.

Comment

I actually was not aware that threaded barrels could only be used for silencers. They must glue my muzzle brakes on

Comment

I prefer to shoot with mine....but I still have and shoot rifles that aren’t threaded.

Comment

Having grown up with every gun I shot going bang...Sometimes I still don't believe a bullet came out of the barrel...then I hear Twaaaap. The subsonic bullet hitting down range or the rib cage taking the bullet like hitting your buddy on the back with a good slap.
            Many years ago suppressors were called gentleman's accessories. Now with technology and affordability, most can become gentlemen...to a point
            So yes, I still shoot without my can(s). Makes me feel nostalgic

Comment

I've stopped shooting my unthreaded guns aside from my 45-70, it is just too fun. I wish I had a can for it.

Comment

Well I'm about to order my first can here in the near future, so hopefully in about a year I can give my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by RUM Mann View Post
                  I have a crux Suppressor and I shoot more without it than I do with it. I wear ear protection even when the suppressor is on because it’s still very loud. All in all I was very disappointed in the purchase of my suppressor.

What caliber are you shooting and what were your expectations regarding level of nose shooting suppressed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
                    Show me *one* example of a threaded barrel gun being sold and someone commenting "Wish it wasn't threaded or I would take it."

Just one.

We'll wait.
                    can't show you what somebody said. You can't see speech, silly. But I've heard it numerous times. Some people are scared of their shadows.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      What caliber are you shooting and what were your expectations regarding level of nose shooting suppressed?

Shooting 223, 260, 3006 with the same can. I’m not expecting it to be silent with full power loads but was expecting hearing safe. It rings my ears good with can attached and no hearing protection.

Comment

Absolutely will not shoot without one. I’m a huge fan of Ruger #1’s but I just can’t bring myself to buy a rifle that I won’t suppress.

Comment

Shooting 223, 260, 3006 with the same can. I’m not expecting it to be silent with full power loads but was expecting hearing safe. It rings my ears good with can attached and no hearing protection.

I have 2 Crux suppressors (among other brands) and they are one of the quietest I own.

Shooting outdoors suppressed up to 300 Win Mag has never caused my ears to ring with any of my suppressors. When I shoot indoors I still use hearing protection.

Comment

Originally posted by awright View Post
                            you're wrong about that. it hurts your resale value with a lot of people. many of them want nothing to do with possibly being investigated for having a silencer, or even just being looked at funny at the range.

I was shooting suppressed 35 years ago. There's zero reason to not have a can on a rifle, for a fact. I sure wouldn't, but i also wont own non autoloading guns, nor any that i can't take down and conceal in a backpack.
                            [ATTACH]936048[/ATTACH]

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                              I have 2 Crux suppressors (among other brands) and they are one of the quietest I own.

Shooting outdoors suppressed up to 300 Win Mag has never caused my ears to ring with any of my suppressors. When I shoot indoors I still use hearing protection.

Yeah I bought one due to the good reviews but ended up extremely disappointed especially for $1,000. Rarely ever use it now.

Comment

Yeah I bought one due to the good reviews but ended up extremely disappointed especially for $1,000. Rarely ever use it now.
                                Strange. Like my Ark30 a bunch with no issues

Comment

Working...
                                X