Wild Pig Paralysis Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Ronnie, thanks for posting that! I just looked that up and that stuff is very common on our place in Liberty County... A distinct possibility for the case I witnessed...
    If your pastures are over grazed they will eat the stuff

Comment

This is quite possibly what it is. It can cause paralysis and is confirmed int Texas.

IT IS ALSO CONTAGIOUS AND CAN BE TRANSMITTED TO HUMANS THROUGH OPEN CUTS ON (i.e. nick on your finger) IT CAN ALSO BE FATAL TO HUMANS.

I learned about this disease a few years back after it killed a rancher in Georgia. I DO NOT touch or clean pigs now with Nitrile Gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        Google coffee sena or something like that. I remember my ex FIL talking about how it would paralyze cattle. It's a long stemmy plant that has long seed pods. I can't load pics
        Originally posted by Ronnie View Post
        From what I read " coffee senna" is a possibility. ???

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk
        I was just reading a post on FB that a lady lost several cattle yesterday due to coffee sena. It is toxic. I could not tell where she was from and I'd never heard of it until today so I dismissed it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mbbriggs05 View Post
          https://articles.extension.org/pages...-in-feral-hogs

This is quite possibly what it is. It can cause paralysis and is confirmed int Texas.

IT IS ALSO CONTAGIOUS AND CAN BE TRANSMITTED TO HUMANS THROUGH OPEN CUTS ON (i.e. nick on your finger) IT CAN ALSO BE FATAL TO HUMANS.

I learned about this disease a few years back after it killed a rancher in Georgia. I DO NOT touch or clean pigs now with Nitrile Gloves.
          Brucellosis fatality in humans is pretty rare but it sure can mess up the immune system for the rest of your life.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
            I was just reading a post on FB that a lady lost several cattle yesterday due to coffee sena. It is toxic. I could not tell where she was from and I'd never heard of it until today so I dismissed it.
            As I mentioned above, livestock rarely touch it unless pastures or overgrazed or accidentally ingested while grazing preferred food.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
              As I mentioned above, livestock rarely touch it unless pastures or overgrazed or accidentally ingested while grazing preferred food.
              I believe they get all wired eye and want to fight but are unable to stand up.

Comment

Originally posted by JeffK View Post
                I believe they get all wired eye and want to fight but are unable to stand up.
                I have seen this in humans before

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                  I have seen this in humans before
                  Good one!!!

Sent from my LG-M150 using Tapatalk

Comment

Call game warden

Comment

N
                      Last edited by Brute Killer; 11-30-2018, 10:29 PM. Reason: Scratch that

Comment

Working...
                      X