Trucks and High Miles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trucks and High Miles

Just out of curiosity. How many of you guys don’t buy trucks unless the mileage is over 100K and as a result, what percentage of you have been happy you saved the money by doing so without regret of issues arising.

Probably not relative in my case...my last 2500 / 6.0 company truck went a little over 330k miles before the tranny crapped out.

My 'new' 18 F150 I just received back in mid to late Feb right after this years bownanza just had the 50k mile oil change...we strive to get 300k miles out of our company trucks but doesn't take long when you have a tap root plowing into the drivers seat from day one.

Yeah, if you are solid on the maintenance...drive them till they crap out.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
      Probably not relative in my case...my last 2500 / 6.0 company truck went a little over 330k miles before the tranny crapped out.

My 'new' 18 F150 I just received back in mid to late Feb right after this years bownanza just had the 50k mile oil change...we strive to get 300k miles out of our company trucks but doesn't take long when you have a tap root plowing into the drivers seat from day one.

Yeah, if you are solid on the maintenance...drive them till they crap out.
      I'm Driving a 14 F350. Little over 150k miles. Maintain regular and don't drive like the Duke boys. It's going to Riley

Comment

I drive a 2000 Tundra with almost 300K on it. Runs great. Bought it with 160K on it.

Comment

It all depends on the motor. Some motors I would just not trust beyond 100k(Dodge 4.7, Ford 6.0/6.4, Chevy 5.3 after 2003). But there are some that I don’t even pay attention to the miles. My last used truck was a ‘94 Ford with the 300 straight 6. When I sold it, that truck had 265k miles and the cross hatch was still visible on the cylinder walls! Not bad for a gas engine. If my doc had not told me that I could not drive it anymore then I would still have it.

Comment

It's likely I'll never buy a truck with less than 100k. Most are built so good your going to get at least 300k these days

Comment

got a 2000 tundra over 200k miles gona drive her till she quits I hear tells of some with a million miles on them

Comment

100K is not high miles.....

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                  100K is not high miles.....

My thought exactly...200k is getting there

Comment

Currently drive a 16 2500 high country duramax with 105k on it and no issues. Bought it at 65,000, plan to put another 100k on it and pass down to my son and replace with something similiar.

Comment

O7 Sierra 108,000 . I'm shooting for 200,000 before I buy another.

Comment

Driving a 13 Ford 150 bought early 14 with 240k on now. Water pump and battery replaced. 302

Comment

O7' Toyota Tundra Texas Edition with 414,000! Love it and if it ever dies I will get another one.[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

08 chevy duramax with 280,000...I would drive it to Cali today if I had to....
                            And I would roll some coal on every prius I passed

Comment

2000 Z71 5.3 Chevy with 336k on it still my daily driver. I need to do a few things to it maintenance wise, but I will drive it until it drops and likely fix fit and keep on driving it. I would never pay what a new truck is bringing these days. It's gotten way out of hand in my opinion.

Comment

Working...
                              X