This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
    So much focus? I made one reply to it giving my own hypothetical, don't flatter yourself! I was just saying it wouldn't be the first time the Big 12-2 was left out.

A) I won't argue with how either team looked because I didn't watch it, most of what I have heard on the radio though was that a bad Texas team beat an even worse USC team.

B)See 2014 Playoffs when 1 loss TCU and 1 loss Baylor were both left out with a "better loss" than Maryland.

C) So your saying it is more about TV ratings than how good the team is? I will agree with that since there is no other explanation for TU to start off the last couple of seasons ranked.

yes, it's an invitational tourney.

Comment

If you're going to lose, better to do it early...

Mack Brown

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
        Plus there are weather concerns. Analytics
        Keep your **** glands to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          If you're going to lose, better to do it early...

Mack Brown
          Indeed. He is wise.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
            Keep your **** glands to yourself

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I can't really see a team losing its conf championship game getting in the cfp immediately after unless maybe it was a controversial loss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they can get in WITHOUT BEING IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP... [emoji849]

Comment

I can see O U going undefeated as well As Clemson,Alabama, Ohio State ! Tired of the same freakin teams in the final four discussion year in and year out . At least one Texas team should be in the discussion every year with the high school talent we have in this State !!

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                  But they can get in WITHOUT BEING IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP... [emoji849]

Obviously...based on perception of a strong conference combined with two perceived weaker conferences with no undefeateds. (Even then I'm not sure anybody other than Bama could pull it off.)

The conf championship played immediately before selection day becomes a de facto "playoff" (elimination) game, IMO.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Five most-watched CFB games through Week 3 (via @paulsen_smw):

1. TCU-Ohio State
                    2. Michigan-Notre Dame
                    3. Miami-LSU
                    4. LSU-Auburn
                    5. Virginia Tech-Florida State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      Obviously...based on perception of a strong conference combined with two perceived weaker conferences with no undefeateds. (Even then I'm not sure anybody other than Bama could pull it off.)

The conf championship played immediately before selection day becomes a de facto "playoff" (elimination) game, IMO.

You’re 100% right, I just don’t think you should be able to get into the CFP if you don’t even win your division.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                        Five most-watched CFB games through Week 3 (via @paulsen_smw):

1. TCU-Ohio State
                        2. Michigan-Notre Dame
                        3. Miami-LSU
                        4. LSU-Auburn
                        5. Virginia Tech-Florida State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        And #1 on that list is the highest rated regular season game in over a year.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
                          You’re 100% right, I just don’t think you should be able to get into the CFP if you don’t even win your division.

I agree......but then they won it all proving they were the best team.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                            I agree......but then they won it all proving they were the best team.

Not true, they were just the best team that was invited. Big difference

Comment

Ding ding ding.

Move it to 6 teams. 5 power 5 champs and the group of 5 champ. Make winning you conference (or at least division) relevant.

If you want to give handouts a-la Bama last year, add 2 at-larges and make it 8.

Comment

Pfffffffft. Yeah, right.

Comment

Working...
                                X