Anyone else's kids tear stuff up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone else's kids tear stuff up?

So, I'm out working in the back yard, when I hear, "DAD!" I run around front to find the windshield in my car busted out by a football. My initial reaction was to get mad, but before I did, I calmed down and was just grateful no one was hurt, and they were playing outside instead of sitting on their a** in front of a TV or game.

What have you guys and gals had to replace because of your kids, or what did you tear up as a kid?

I have not had to replace anything just yet but I'm sure at least 1 window will be replaced at some point. My boy loves to hit golf balls and he can't seem to grasp aiming away from the house.

And good for you for not getting crazy mad

Comment

I don't have any kids but I still tear stuff up!

Comment

My son broke my anvil. He was using a feather duster to clean it.

Comment

My just turned 3 year old tore some stuff up on my tractor pretending to drive it.

Comment

When I was a kid and broke a window or something, I had to pay to fix it - and I usually had to do the repairs myself too. It was a great learning experience. I learned that stuff costs money, it takes work to fix a mistake, and then I learned how to fix stuff. It happened to me more than once, but I'm sure it happened a lot less frequently than it would have if I hadn't had to deal with the repairs myself.

I've handled those situations with my kids the same way. Not paying attention can have consequences. It's a good lesson. No yelling and screaming required. Just an opportunity to learn some good life lessons.

Comment

Windshield with a football? Hell I'd be impressed.

Comment

My kids are pretty destructive, half the reason we are still living in out current home. Going they can get most of that out before we upgrade lol.

Comment

When my oldest was little she was always flushing stuff down the toilet. She flushed her moms panties, bra and forks and spoons. I couldn't believe it til I snaked it out of there.

Comment

I'm almost 40 and my dad always told me I could tear up cast iron!!!! This was two years ago!!!

Comment

I don't have any kids but with three boys, my parents would probably have long, long list for you..

Like Shane we had to work or do extra chores to repair/replace anything of value we broke...mostly windows due to baseball, go cart jumps or tools of my Dads.

Comment

Think back to all the stuff we tore up as kids. I think the better question would be, does anyone have kids that dont tear up stuff, lol? I took great pride in my destructive abilities growing up. Right up till the time my dad got home from work and the belt came out.

Comment

Originally posted by TexMax View Post
                          Windshield with a football? Hell I'd be impressed.
                          That's what I was thinking someone has a heck of a arm.

my kids haven't but makes me remember the time my mom left me and my brothers and sisters in the van while it was running in the driveway. I was probly 7 and thought I knew how to drive. I took out a brick column on the front of our house. My mom never would tell my dad who did it but he had a good idea it was me.

Comment

I thought that was their job.....or more like mission in life.

Comment

Ahhh, the joys of parenthood!

Comment

Working...
                              X