TRAPPING 2014/2015 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasBear View Post
    I did not know there were that many beaver in Texas.
    Lot of beaver in Texas brother...

Comment

I don't know. Didn't know it would be that weekend prolly not. I have never met mark June he is one of the few I like. I did go to a Rendezvous in fort Stockton one year. But hey I do know one guy bill apple gate met him several times. I know a lot of the gov boys over that way if they are the same but that's bout it

Comment

Just picked up 13 duke #3 for under $100 bucks. Then the guy gave me two #1's and two #0's for rats. Getting closer as I will start hitting it hard mid October

Comment

I think Bill is the President of the Assoc., the fall get together is Junction, TX

October 17th & 18th 2014
          Stevenson Center
          440 N US Hwy 83

Whirlwind, congrats on the purchase brother!!

Comment

That's good to know I will see what hsppens

Comment

Hey just wanted to give you guys a heads up for those that trap the water. Not sure if you use gauntlets but fntpost has some on sale that are insulated for 19.99 and they are normally like 26 bucks. I picked up a pair.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                I think Bill is the President of the Assoc., the fall get together is Junction, TX

October 17th & 18th 2014
                Stevenson Center
                440 N US Hwy 83

Whirlwind, congrats on the purchase brother!!
                what can we expect to see? I'm think I might make the 5 hr drive if its worth it

Comment

Well got everything set up at the lease. Talked to the landowner and was talking about coyote bounties. He found out I was a trapper an he said that he has another place I can trap hope I can get there enough to trap both places

Comment

Hey Yanta the one I went to had some venders. Also seminars on different trapping methods. They had a trap setting contest. An different games I didn't get to spend a lot of time there but enjoyed it. It was worth the time to me just to meet other trappers

Comment

Man this cooler weather has me itching to set a trap. Anybody else?

Comment

YEAP!!! We were filming for the show all last week, shooting lead-ins and cut aways and several segments....

Everything is ready to roll out...

but I have a big dilemma...

season opens for beaver in 15 days, I"M 100 PERCENT sure they will not be prime yet..

Historically the first beaver trapped and sent in for the first NAFA auction bring better money than the good prime beaver in the second NAFA auction..

Comment

scored on 7 #3 double long springs at a garage sale. $23 bucks for all. 4 victors, 1 Newhouse and 2 triumph.

Comment

Originally posted by Whirlwind View Post
                            scored on 7 #3 double long springs at a garage sale. $23 bucks for all. 4 victors, 1 Newhouse and 2 triumph.
                            Dang thats a bargain, nice grab

Comment

We have a ton of Grey fox and bobcats on the lease in lampassas. Does anyone think it would be worth it to try trap and sell them...Also have about 15 coons to trap eating my corn..what say u....

Comment

Originally posted by TXUSNAVYCHIEF View Post
                                We have a ton of Grey fox and bobcats on the lease in lampassas. Does anyone think it would be worth it to try trap and sell them...Also have about 15 coons to trap eating my corn..what say u....

The grays and cats will bring decent money if they are finished out, if you sell them green(just skinned rolled up and frozen) you wont get much. You have more coons than you think

Coons will be a toss up this year as to what they will bring but will bring the most if you finish them out.

For what you will spend in equipment to remove the animals and personal time it is up to you..

The other option is to hire a trapper to come in for 3-4 days and trap them out for you.

Comment

Working...
                                X