No announcement yet.

perplexed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do the bare shafts group in comparison to the same arrows fletched? I think the relative location is more important than the nock position? From the Easton tuning guide (sorry, image is poor).

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0959.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	102.6 KB
ID:	24725065

Comment

has anybody shot any of the 150s?

Comment

Darrell, people that build their own bows are unstoppable and cain't be trusted.

Comment

And it starts.... The temporary disoriented-other white meat is pick'en on bowyers, time to go hog hunt'en!

Buff, we're pull'en for ya... get'er done

Comment

I had a similar problem only I was letting my son help get the bow tuned in, we had 2 very similar bows mine was 55# his 54#, I finally ended up tuning the bow to my shooting instead of thinking that if it works in his bow it should be good for mine. Improved my shooting all the way around, from now on I tune each bow with what it performs best with and with my style of shooting.

Comment

Check the cam alignment?

Maybe the string loop slipped a little?

Comment

Originally posted by tinman View Post
                Check the cam alignment?

Maybe the string loop slipped a little?

Yeah, quit worrying about where the camera's pointed and just shoot the thang!!!

Comment

ok, I played with my brace height, rest pressure point and changed the string. Still get a knock right 45 degree at 20 yards. I surrender... I ordered a dozen 150s and feel confident they will not be to stiff

Comment

Buff shoot the tip you like and get the full length arrow and cut it down and move the nock point accordingly. It sounds to me you need a 30"+ arrow. I bareshaft tuned my Bruin and shot 29" arrows and so I figured the same arrow would fly great out of my widow. Not so I now shoot a 30" arrow out of the BW. SO each bow is slightly different. If you follow the bareshaft tuning instructions from OL adcocks page precisely you will spend more money on arrows and you won't have to get rid of your bow.

Comment

Buff, as the chiropractors say "if your spine's in line, you'll feel fine". It sure sounds like a spine problem, best way to confirm is bareshaft testing and finding location of the bare shafts compared to the fletched arrow. Then you either cut arrows to different length, change tip weight or change arrows. All the other solutions are cover-up to the real problem which sounds like spine. Where do the bare shafts group compared to fletched?

Comment

with the heavy point they shoot right where I'm looking. I bare shafted a 2018 28" long last night it flew perfect. I feel pretty confident the CX150 shafts will fix me up

Comment

I'd shoot the 2018s.

Comment

my lack of restraint for shooting at everything that catches my eye requires me to try to stick to carbon. I bend the others shooting at junk.

Comment

Working...
                            X