Army Worms

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Army Worms

Anyone having issues with army worms yet? I jut planted 4 acres of oats/clover/chicory in Houston county last Thursday. Haven’t had an army worm issue before but was wondering what y’all use to kill them if i do run into issues. Thanks

If you have a sprayer you can get liquid Sevin. I think it is also goes by carbaryl

There are other.. go to a feed store

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. Put out 10 acres in Eastland Co. Saturday. Hoping for rain and no worms.

Comment

Originally posted by cstephenson44 View Post
        Anyone having issues with army worms yet? I jut planted 4 acres of oats/clover/chicory in Houston county last Thursday. Haven’t had an army worm issue before but was wondering what y’all use to kill them if i do run into issues. Thanks
        Google army worms and you have a bunch of choices for pesticides. I didn't find any listed that did not say to keep stock off of the crop for several days. I don't know how that's gonna work, can't keep deer out. Someone on here may have had experience that can shed some light on it. I've only had them twice and both times were in bermuda grass in my camp yard.

Comment

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=705925

http://https://discussions.texasbowh...d.php?t=705095

Comment

Army worms are everywhere in Nacogdoches County.

I’m waiting to plant ryegrass and wheat for my cows.

Comment

They was spraying them today with an aireoplane in Atascosa county. I aint even shredded or sprayed yet. Caint this coming weekend either, got more rain coming.

Comment

When do army worms go away? A it based on time of year or weather?

Comment

Originally posted by Karmstrong View Post
                  When do army worms go away? A it based on time of year or weather?
                  Weather conditions. These showers combined with mid to upper 80’s weather is their time to shine. “Typically “ I see less around mid October but have had them into December before

Comment

We used to use Seven Dust. You better spay it asap. I'm sure you local feed store can assist.

Comment

They’re wearing my yard out.

Comment

found em really thick in my backyard today in Arlington. two days and the backyard looks destroyed. just finished spraying sevin.

Comment

We got hammered in North Richland Hills. Went out of town for a few days and when I got back my wife said the yard is brown... 2/3s of my well cared for yard is toast.

Comment

Got them in town(Olney), but not sure about the lease!

Comment

Yep

Saw them today

Hopefully free range chickens are getting some of them

Comment

Working...
                              X