City Dwellers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City Dwellers

I live right in the heart of Austin and haven't had anywhere to shoot daily. How do ya'll in the middle of the urban jungle stay sharp enough to hunt?

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
    I live right in the heart of Austin and haven't had anywhere to shoot daily. How do ya'll in the middle of the urban jungle stay sharp enough to hunt?
    Hike up to Libery Hill. Best of the West is great!

Comment

I keep the tracking dog thread as a sticky. . .

Comment

Shoot in your apartment

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          Shoot in your apartment
          Hah! I get a whopping 3 yards out of that gig. The wife doesn't want me to stretch it from the door to the back of the bedroom, I'm afraid...

Comment

You have Austin archery club

Comment

Come to archery league on Thursday nights!

Bisch

Comment

If I had to live in Austin I'd probably shoot myself. Here in (un-named suburd of Fort Worth) I just shoot in the very long back yard I have.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I guess I should clarify. Even the Austin archery club is a 45 minute drive away from home, and the Thursday league is a full hour away. I was hoping to hear of something closer to the center of town, but it sounds like I am out of luck on that front. No secret Fight... I mean Archery... club here!

Comment

Hows the set up at Best of the West? Is it field targets or 3d targets?

Comment

I have an excellent club less than 10 miles from me. I still shoot in the yard. I can shoot a couple rounds, flip the pork chops. Shoot another round, get another beer. I would not like being in your situation but many are. You may have to just bare down and make the drive.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Archery Country in Austin on 183 has a Traditional shoot on Tuesday night. Starts at 6pm.

Comment

Originally posted by fwood View Post
                          Archery Country in Austin on 183 has a Traditional shoot on Tuesday night. Starts at 6pm.
                          Hey thanks! I'll check it out!

Comment

I live in south Austin the drainage creeks are perfect. Sometimrs there will even be a field bc since the 2013 floods many of the houses on the creeks were tore down, the back yard got too dangerous for me when an arrow bounced off the grass and over my fence.

Comment

Go make friends with Bob Sarrels...just south of the jungle.

Id be horribly surprised if Austin didnt have a public archery range at a sports complex somewhere. Bryan/College Station had one and thats where I first started.

Comment

Working...
                              X