Camping at PK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camping at PK

I'm heading to Possum Kingdom with my wife and BIL/SIL for some fishing/camping/hiking for the first time. Do any of you have any recommendations on where to camp? We will be in tents and will have my boat, so electricity will be needed.

Hopefully we'll be able to get on some striper and LMB.

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

i would go to north d&d, close to fishing and shaded camping spots, right down the road from sandy beach for a good swimming area. If you decide to go more towards the dam you can hop across the road to south d&d boat ramp and cut a bunch of time off a boat ride.

Avoid bug beach because of sticker burrs
    Last edited by Smithwr; 05-12-2017, 07:22 AM.

Comment

The state park has a fishing dock, walking trails and a good swimming area.

Comment

I'll check both of those out and see who has electricity hookups left. Might have to resort to bringing the generator. Thanks!

Comment

the state park is a considerable drive farther. Its on the west side and there is no bridges

Comment

Used to love to camp at the state park. Lots of big rocks , in deep water along the banks. Used to be good bass fishing along there and boat houses directly across the lake. Striper were good close by too! This info is a minimum of 15 years old though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Lakeside rv might let you put a tent on a concrete pad if that appeals to you. They have a lakeside pool for the kids

Comment

Havnt been in years but we used to camp at the Dam/Spillway for free. Excellent fishing as well.

Like I said havnt been in years. It may not be free anymore.

Comment

We stayed at the state park and had a great time! We barely dodged some storms, but the fishing was good on Sunday morning. Caught some good keeper sandies. We all got some nice friendly chiggers to take home with us too....

Hoping to go back and find some striper soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

A couple of scenic pics

Comment

Originally posted by hittman View Post
                      We stayed at the state park and had a great time! We barely dodged some storms, but the fishing was good on Sunday morning. Caught some good keeper sandies. We all got some nice friendly chiggers to take home with us too....

Hoping to go back and find some striper soon.

Good eatin!!!

Comment

Looks like a great time!

When you get to the cattle pen up top, the gate on the right is my old deer lease. BRA land we bow hunted. I really miss that place.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBowhunter11 View Post
                          Good eatin!!!
                          Yes sir! We released them into the fryer Sunday night!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                            Looks like a great time!

When you get to the cattle pen up top, the gate on the right is my old deer lease. BRA land we bow hunted. I really miss that place.
                            I bet! We saw several deer in the morning from the lake. Two of the does looked like they were ready to pop any day now.

Comment

If I remember right North D&D has electricity.

Comment

Working...
                              X