Help me build out my new (used) compound bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
    Yes until he can upgrade. Oh I'm whoozy now! Where is Rocky n Shabow?!
    No doubt I want the limbdriver... Will have one soon enough...

Baby steps to start...

Comment

Lets talk arm guards and proper technique...

Apparently with proper technique you do not need an arm guard, is that correct?

At least I've been told that by a friend.

Comment

If you have a correct draw length you don't need one. You need a slight bend in your grip hands arm. You need the same bend in it if you were to point at something by just simply raising your arm and pointing. Don't exaggerate the extension of the arm. Also don't shoot with a super exaggerated tense open hand. Keep your hand open but relaxed when you are at full draw with the bow. If you can do these two things you don't need an arm gaurd

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
          If you have a correct draw length you don't need one. You need a slight bend in your grip hands arm. You need the same bend in it if you were to point at something by just simply raising your arm and pointing. Don't exaggerate the extension of the arm. Also don't shoot with a super exaggerated tense open hand. Keep your hand open but relaxed when you are at full draw with the bow. If you can do these two things you don't need an arm gaurd
          That's the kind of invaluable info I am learning on this website...

Thanks man

Comment

Went to cabelas today and saw a kwikee kwiver compact 3 arrow quiver.

That thing and its small size look great.

And it comes in next g1 like my bow...

Tempted, what do u all think of the brand?

Comment

Kwikee is a great quiver I have owned several but in the 6 arrow. They attach and detach from bow easy. And have been around a very long time.

Comment

Originally posted by Csmith52779 View Post
                Kwikee is a great quiver I have owned several but in the 6 arrow. They attach and detach from bow easy. And have been around a very long time.
                Thanks for following me around this thread and offering good advice...

Appreciate you...

Which brings up the question of how any arrows to carry to the woods?

3 seems like plenty to me. Am I wrong?

Comment

I have never shot more than 2 times and killed 2 pigs. But I carry 5. 3 is more than plenty.

Comment

You can also get a tree mount for the Kwikee that screws into your tree so you don't have to leave it on the bow while you shoot. Some other quivers have this option, but not all. Good luck !

Comment

Thanks guys, I like that very small kwikee kwiver.

On my list

Comment

Ok, I picked up an almost new Scott's wildcat release for cheap over @ archery talk...

Alright!!!

Comment

Looks like I will be receiving an extreme sight real soon too !!!

Woohoo...

Comment

So, lets talk arrows...

Shooting some carbon express bolts on my crossbow with grim reapers and lumenoks.

I am going to completely defer to u experts on this. Tell me what Arrows i need.

I am very fond of my grim reapers and lumenoks and will prolly stick with those for my compound bow arrows...

Thanks

Comment

I like Easton because they are made in America. This chart should tell you which ones are good for your draw length, weight and grain: http://www.eastonarchery.com/uploads...-sel-chart.pdf

Comment

I love the reaper. Lumenoks not so much the nockturnals preform better. CX Mutinys are a great arrow and so are the GT Hunter XT both are priced right too. Main thing with arrows is get the right spine for your set up.

Comment

Working...
                                X