Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone build bunkbeds lately?

Need some plans if available.

I see 5 different bunkbed plans here, all free.

Comment

We build some in college, used 2X6 for the corners, Screwed then together in a L shape. The just made platforms out of 2X4's. Put the platforms up with Lag screws. Held my 250lb butt up and whatever Wife for a night I was lucky enough to pick up. That was 12 years ago and three of the original 4 are still standy in the Frat house I lived in.

Comment

Originally posted by Seemore View Post
        and whatever Wife for a night I was lucky enough to pick up. That was 12 years ago and three of the original 4 are still standy in the Frat house I lived in.
        In an English class, the teacher would ask you what's still standing- the bunk beds or 3 of the 'wife for a night'? Thanks for the afternoon laugh.

Use lag bolts and washers and it will not come apart, easier to assemble with a ratchet wrench and socket than a screw driver.

Comment

used 2X6 for the corners, Screwed then together in a L shape. The just made platforms out of 2X4's. Put the platforms up with Lag screws.
          I second these plans.
          I built an elevated/ platform bed for one of my boys. The bed was high and the area below was for a toy box, etc.

It worked great. I just needed to add a 2nd platform towrds the botton to make it a bunk bed.

Bunk Beds Etc...

Comment

Working...
          X