Practice Broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Practice Broadheads

I am planning on using the G5 Montec's going forward. They sell a practice tip and I was wondering if it is worth spending the $30 on it and if so what target can I get that will not make it to hard to remove and re-shoot?

Thanks

Practice Broadheads

Nope and I hope you have better blood trails than I did with em.

As for target get a Rhinehart.

Comment

I've had good luck with the G-5s. Profuse, and more important, short blood trails. Granted only a few animals taken, 2 WT, some pigs and and a fallow doe, and all were well placed shots. Still shooting them on a trial basis.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
        I've had good luck with the G-5s. Profuse, and more important, short blood trails. Granted only a few animals taken, 2 WT, some pigs and and a fallow doe, and all were well placed shots. Still shooting them on a trial basis.

You are the only guy I know that is happy with Montec blood trails. Every deer I shot with em I beaned their ***. Blood trails sucked. 5 white tails.

Comment

I can't speak for the CS model, but for the standard, you're better off saving your money resharpening the heads themselves versus buying practice heads

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
            Originally posted by clayg08 View Post
            I can't speak for the CS model, but for the standard, you're better off saving your money resharpening the heads themselves versus buying practice heads
            How did the flight compare to practice tips? I ordered the 100g standard broadheads.

As far as targets. Should I look into the "stacked foam" style or solid ones like "the block"?

Comment

Practice Broadheads

assuming your bow is tuned, they should fly great.

When I tried them a few years ago, I personally feel they are some of the best flying heads "I" have shot. I had tons of confidence in long range shooting. They just didn't produce the end results I was looking for, but some guys swear by them.

As for targets, it's all personal preference and what you can afford. Just don't shoot them in a bag target

Comment

Here's my experience with them.......don't waste your $ on the practice heads. They are super dull and will demolish your target. They don't cut their way in, they rip and tear. Just practice with the regular heads and touch up the edges prior to hunting. I made sure that the BH's spun true on my shafts and they flew great.....same POI as my FP's. Being a COC head, they penetrate really well. The key with the Montecs is to get them sharp. In my opinion, they are not ready to hunt with out of the package....they need to be sharpened. My first kill with them was with an out of the package head. The blood trail was less than desirable. I found the deer, but it wasn't an "easy" track. After that, I purchased the diamond sharpener from G5 and sharpened them.....huge difference. Blood trails were much better with the sharpened heads.

Comment

Couldn't get a blood trail with them and the cutting diameter is smaller than they advertise..

Comment

Originally posted by BOHTR View Post
                    After that, I purchased the diamond sharpener from G5 and sharpened them.....huge difference. Blood trails were much better with the sharpened heads.
                    Thanks for the info, I will look for the sharpener and put it in my "Wish List"

Comment

Never shot them. As far as targets Blob is the best I've shot.

Comment

Working...
                      X