Cast and Blast recommendations or fishing trip recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cast and Blast recommendations or fishing trip recommendations

Got a buddy of mine getting married and possibly considering a reasonably priced cast and blast trip down south or even just a solid fishing trip for his bachelor party. Wedding is in January so trip is going to have to be booked late November or December.

First place I thought of was Run N Gun out of Bay city but package price seemed a little steep so taking other recommendations for now till I can get a budget set.

Will be a group of about 10 or 12 guys, most are experienced waterfowlers and fishermen except for about 3

Would consider options near lake Charles as well

Thanks guys

Nevermind. Looks like you want to stay in states

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
      Nevermind. Looks like you want to stay in states
      For this, yes unfortunately. My dream cast and blast is to Mexico for ducks and bass.... maybe in the next couple of years

Comment

I know it's a little farther, but I would look into SE Louisiana. I've been out with the Bowfishing Unlimited guys several times, and they are top notch. I know several of their guides also do ducks. Could sneak in a rod/reel trip, bowfishing trip, and duck hunting trip in one go. Or even throw in an offshore trip if you're feeling fruity. Lodging is on the water right where you leave, and top notch.

Plus you can hit up NOLA on the way in or out of town.

Comment

Comment

If not run n gun then look at hackberry rod and gun.

Comment

You could do Port Mansfield relatively inexpensively. Rent a house or condo, book fishing guides. Ask the fishing guide about duck hunting. Some of them run their own duck trips and all of them will have someone to refer you to.

Hackberry Rod and Gun, Bay Flats in Seadrift, and Get Away Adventures in PM are all nice lodges, but I doubt any of them will be cheaper than Run-n-Gun.

Also, I have a buddy that is an independent guide on Calcascieu. He is a duck guide in the winter in Winnie, but lives in Louisiana. I think he could put a cast and blast trip together for you on Calcascieu and just skip that time guiding in Winnie. He is one of the best fisherman and duck hunters I know and entertaining as hell. He will have house/lodging recommendations as well.

PM me if you want more info.
              Last edited by El General; 08-09-2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by El General View Post
                You could do Port Mansfield relatively inexpensively. Rent a house or condo, book fishing guides. Ask the fishing guide about duck hunting. Some of them run their own duck trips and all of them will have someone to refer you to.

Hackberry Rod and Gun, Bay Flats in Seadrift, and Get Away Adventures in PM are all nice lodges, but I doubt any of them will be cheaper than Run-n-Gun.

Also, I have a buddy that is an independent guide on Calcascieu. He is a duck guide in the winter in Winnie, but lives in Louisiana. I think he could put a cast and blast trip together for you on Calcascieu and just skip that time guiding in Winnie. He is one of the best fisherman and duck hunters I know and entertaining as hell. He will have house/lodging recommendations as well.

PM me if you want more info.
                Sounds familiar, is your buddy's name Anthony?

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                  If not run n gun then look at hackberry rod and gun.
                  x2

Comment

PMs sent. Bump

Comment

Working...
                    X