Cummins, Durmax, Powerstroke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cummins, Durmax, Powerstroke

I’m looking for advice. I’m having a kid and going to bed to get s bigger truck. My price range is going to be in the 2015 models. I know a lot of people will say mine is good and has been. Is there anything that would make me pick one over another? At this point on reviews they are seen to have some kind of flaw. Any advice will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably be good to give some background on what you currently have. There a ton of threads on these comparisons. You will get “you need this truck” based on who owns them.

Comment

I have a Toyota Tacoma now and it’s great. If I’m going big I’m going to get a diesel.

Comment

What are you using the truck for?

Comment

Originally posted by STONE KILLER View Post
          I’m looking for advice. I’m having a kid and going to bed to get s bigger truck. My price range is going to be in the 2015 models. I know a lot of people will say mine is good and has been. Is there anything that would make me pick one over another? At this point on reviews they are seen to have some kind of flaw. Any advice will help.

I am in the same boat. I have eliminated Cummins due to preference but am looking forward to hearing input...hopefully informed opinions and not just ownership love...

Comment

I’ve never had a Cummins so take that into consideration.

I’ve had a Duramax and a Powerstroke. I personally prefer the Fords interior over GMC/Chevy.

Overall they just feel like better trucks. I never really had any mechanical issues with either.

Comment

This is the start of a great thread on making a major purchasing decision.

I don’t like Chevy because....

Ford suck cause ...

Ram blows because....

All BS. Buy what you like and deal with it

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
                This is the start of a great thread on making a major purchasing decision.

I don’t like Chevy because....

Ford suck cause ...

Ram blows because....

All BS. Buy what you like and deal with it

Yep. You will never get unbiased opinions here.

Go rent the trucks you're interested for a week each and make up your own mind.

That's what I did and I'm happy with my choice.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Kingfisher789 View Post
                  What are you using the truck for?

I’ll use it to farm as well, so pull. I have a ol 95 power stroke but I know they are different than new diesels

Comment

Never owned a Chevy Durmax but have owned both Dodge and Ford. Currently driving a 2014 F350. 120k and no problems. I like it better than my dodges.

Comment

They are all junk for what they cost. Lol. I bought a gas GMC 2500 this year. No mas diesels for me.

Comment

Originally posted by STONE KILLER View Post
                        I’ll use it to farm as well, so pull. I have a ol 95 power stroke but I know they are different than new diesels

You are in for a shock at how much better the newer diesels pull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The gas motors in the Newer 3/4 and 1-tons pull like the diesels of 2000 and get the same fuel mileage of current diesels doing so. Don't buy a newer diesel unless you're towing for a living, period. They aren't worth it. I have a '15 F250 6.7 4wd that tows a lot. I've gotten anywhere from 5 mpg (towing a 8 x 16' cabin 75-80 mph down I-10 from Houston to Sonora) to 20 mpg (unloaded, cruise set on 70 mph. My normal loaded 20' trailer with ~6k lbs will get me around 11 mpg if I keep it under 75 mph....

What I'm saying is the gas 6.2 v8 in the same truck will do about the same, but just not as fast.

Comment

I’ve driven Fords my entire life, and had ford diesels since 2000, so I’d go with the Ford without a doubt. That being said, I like the looks and have always found Chevys comfortable. I wouldn’t buy a Dodge if my life depended on it unless i wanted a truck that falls apart around a great motor. My brother has a ‘12 Cummins that has right at 100K and has been a grocery getter it’s entire life and rattles like an old ranch truck.

Comment

I have 4 gooseneck trailers. 3 horse slant, cattle trailer, flatbed, and a heavy duty tandem dually 29 cu yd dump trailer. My 2015 F-250 4x4 6.7 diesel pulls them all great. Stock suspension and tires. Bought it from Truckville ( TBH Sponsor ) in Dec 2014. 78,000+ miles on it now and my cumulative mpg since buying it is 14.1. I have hauled my wife’s racehorses to tracks all over Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, & Louisiana.

Comment

Working...
                              X