More Hog anatomy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Hog anatomy

I got to take my 6YO Grandson hunting for the first time two days ago and we connected with a pretty good size boar. Slick Trick, GT Velocity's, Helim @ 60 and a 17 yd. shot just behind the shoulder made for a good combination. I still had a long tracking job and had to go back the next day to find him. From all indication this was a bit of a lung and liver shot even though it was just behind the shoulder. I got a good pic of the "shield" that I wanted to show you. The GT stayed in the pig but I think it hit a tree just on the other side or it would have passed completely. Very good blood trail for about 100 yards then it started to dwindle. I ended up just following tracks in the wet ground and then finding the occasional bloody footprint or drop of blood. My Grandson had a great time trying to follow the blood trail that night. I don't think this boar was all that old though and I estimate about 400 lbs. "Jking of course" but he sure looked huge when he walked up to the feeder and his cutters were just so-so.
    Attached Files

Awesome job Sir, congrats!

Comment

Nice

Comment

Pretty thick plate. What kind of knife is that? I like it

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by kparker158 View Post
            Pretty thick plate. What kind of knife is that? I like it
            That is a CUTCO brand knife, they come in serrated blade and straight blade for around $80. I have had this serrated blade knife for several years and it is a beast on splitting the sternum on a deer. I have two and like them a lot. They have a new one out with a gut hook.

Comment

Congrats you gottem either way. Cant stress the low and tight shot enough on hogs.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
                Congrats you gottem either way. Cant stress the low and tight shot enough on hogs.
                This^^^^ good to see you posting again Ragin

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Have that same knife, great for hogs.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Pretty old thread, but what the heck, congrats

Comment

Working...
                        X