Polaris ranger exhaust silencer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Polaris ranger exhaust silencer

Has anyone ever put a exhaust silencer on a Polaris ranger? If so do you like it and how quiet does it make it? I have a 2018 ranger 570 and wanna quiet it down if possible.

No experience with a ranger exhaust silencer, but tried one for a four wheeler one time and was quite unimpressed. It seems most noise comes from actual engine versus exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by spliffnwesson View Post
      No experience with a ranger exhaust silencer, but tried one for a four wheeler one time and was quite unimpressed. It seems most noise comes from actual engine versus exhaust.

I had the same experience with an 8500 generator, noise was not reduced much and the increased back pressure caused oil blow by which clogged the air filter 1/2 way through the first night.

Besides all that, you will never make it quiet enough that the deer won’t hear it.

Comment

Originally posted by spliffnwesson View Post

Comment

I put a Benz Silent Rider on my 2013 Crew and it made a difference. It’s materially whiter than our other one with no suppression at all. The squeak of the bed and rattling from the machine is louder than the engine noise now.

Comment

Originally posted by drenaline65 View Post
            Has anyone ever put a exhaust silencer on a Polaris ranger? If so do you like it and how quiet does it make it? I have a 2018 ranger 570 and wanna quiet it down if possible.
            Friends did it on their fourwheelers, and other than they could swap out baffles to increase/decrease flow as they wanted, it wasn't overly quieter than stock. You are better off to insulate around the engine and quiet that down. The intake makes a lot of noise too.

Comment

A lot of guys with Mule Pros are extending the exhaust port to the side of the bed and reporting good results. Looks like the ranger also aims the exhaust down under the bed like the mule. You’re getting a lot of reverb between the bed and the ground. Its a piece of pipe so its cheap to try.

Comment

That whining tranny on the Polaris machines is the loudest thing on them, well other than all the squeaks and rattles as someone else mentioned above...

Comment

The squeak on the bed is easily fixable with electrical tape

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got an annoying rattle in the engine compartment of my 2017 xp1000. Almost sounds like spark knock. Dealer said it's normal and nothing could be done. Just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone has a fix.

I don't think the exhaust noise is too bad and doubt that cutting it back a little would make any difference to the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post

Where are you putting the electrical tape?

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                        You're gonna need a whole roll of tape... I'm just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Swampa View Post

But it only lasts a few days. Can’t believe their isn’t some sort of fix to the Ranger Squeak!

Comment

tape

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                            Assume he is putting where the bed latch release catches the frame. Small flat area. I've tried everything, but it wears thru pretty fast. The best thing I found is an old pair of leather gloves...just cut a small piece out and place on both sides.

Comment

I’ve seen a couple of threads where folks have replaced the stock muffler with one from a small car. Just think of how quiet a Civic is.

It might be an idea to consider.

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Working...
                              X