Bear Hunt with the Girls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bear Hunt with the Girls

Monday, we will travel to the Navajo Nation to bear hunt with Rosanna Roberson and Christie Burch. We will not be sitting on a barrel of donuts, rather chasing the bears with hounds as it has been done for thousands of years. The country is too thick and steep for horses so we will in there on foot...I am hoping for a cold snap.
    Adios,
    Gary

Chasing bears with dogs is lots of fun! Looking forward to the pictures!

Comment

Always great fun and some of those old, big bears don't like to climb which can make things interesting. We will be shooting video for CARNIVORE, so there will be lots of video but not many photos.
      Thanks and Adios,
      Gary

Comment

We hunted three mornings and treed three bears but two were youngsters. I called Rosanna off the third one as I know we can get a better one if we can get back up there. We followed a really big bear for over 4 hours the first morning in really thick cover and got within 35 steps but could not take the shot. He never treed and will never tree as he is so big and likes to get in the tight cover where he has the advantage and fight the dogs.
        It was a great time, temps from low 40's to about 80 in the afternoon and scattered showers.
        Adios,
        Gary

Comment

Sounds like fun Gary...chasing those big ol bears with hounds is an awesome experience.

Comment

Are you back home? We have had 10" plus at the 6 mile...low water crossing were full yesterday....I was told the river had crested at 11' yesterday but may go higher...

Comment

I got home Friday night about midnight. Yes Sir, lots of water and more predicted for this weekend.
              Adios,
              Gary

Comment

Best of luck, sounds like lots of fun

Comment

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X