"OFFICIAL" Granger Hog Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
    So how do you get set up as a stand by on a deer hunt? read it some where on here but that was 15 pages back atleast.
    show up at the checkstation on the morning of the hunt orientation for the week that you want to hunt. they throw your name in a hat and draw. its best to call TPWD in advance, they can usually tell you if there are any standby spots. 512 859 2838

Comment

Me and my son are heading to Granger this morning. We have never been there, so this should be fun. Maybe a fact finding mission. We will probably go to San Gabriel.

Comment

Is there any primitive camping there? It isn't that far from me, but would rather not drive everyday.

Comment

We did a short hunt at gate #6. They have mowed some strips there. Didn't see any animals but saw some deer signs and some hog tracks. We they went to look at Gate #7 nice looking place but didn't see animals there either, but had a great time with my son.

Comment

That is what it is about Ghost. Dawg There sure is, google fox bottom park. It is pretty cool place. Hike or boat in only. No drive up.

Comment

Can you use hog pipes?

Comment

Hi Everyone

Hey everyone been reading the thread for awhile now and decided to join. I live in Round Rock and go out to Grainger alot just fishing. I am trying to get into hog huntin out there and have been gathering alot of knowledge. Now i think im ready to just take off walking and see what happens. If anyone has any suggestions on a good first spot to try or if anybody doesn't mind a tag along it would be cool. Hunted my whole life just have kids now and cant afford a lease anymore. Anyway good huntin to all and i look forward to meeting some new folks and gettin outside.

Comment

Originally posted by bigsteve View Post
                  I was in the second postcard group, when I was leaving on Saturday about 11.00 am I went by the hunter check station to leave my permit (i did not get any thing) I checked the bucket and there were two jaw bones in it, so someboby was seccessful.
                  I was in the second draw and did not score, lots of deer, but nothing close enough to shoot. I met one guy out there a few times and he finally scored. We hunted out of 8.

Comment

I was out there at sorefinger yesterday for the first time this year. I have never seen it that thick in there before!!! tons of deer sign and not much for hogs. Didnt find any wallows and not too many tracks. Anybody been seein anything recently?

Comment

so ready for GRXH!!! whats the date this year?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbowman91 View Post
                        so ready for GRXH!!! whats the date this year?
                        just made me hungry

Comment

Originally posted by huntnfishtex View Post
                          I was out there at sorefinger yesterday for the first time this year. I have never seen it that thick in there before!!! tons of deer sign and not much for hogs. Didnt find any wallows and not too many tracks. Anybody been seein anything recently?
                          Did you go all the way down the peninsula? I am planning on hitting up Sore Finger in the morning. Would be nice to see something.

Comment

Originally posted by HoffDawg View Post
                            Can you use hog pipes?
                            baiting is allowed

Comment

Man, I can't wait to get out and do some hunting. These deployments put a serious damper on hunting.

Comment

I,m out doing some scouting today. Went in at bridge on 95. Gate 9 maybe, I'm about a mile or so in looks good. I'll report more latter. Break is over, bach to hunting.

Comment

Working...
                                X