Buying Land in Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buying Land in Texas

So, I have been thinking about buying some land somewhere, but start looking in Texas a bit more lately. At this point its just research and wanting to talk to people that have been around and know about this HUGE state.

What counties would be the best for 50-75 acres with the best whitetail, axis and turkey?

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Talk with Chance Love on here. He is a GREAT realtor & that is his specialty, hill country hunting places.

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
      Talk with Chance Love on here. He is a GREAT realtor & that is his specialty, hill country hunting places.
      How do I find him?

Comment

He goes by Chance Love on here.

Comment

Must be that kind of day, I've been looking at Texas acreage all morning too - I don't think I can live in the city for one more minute.

Comment

I used the site: landsoftexas.com and it took about 6-7 months to settle on a deal in Edwards County near Rocksprings.

Easy Drop-Down menu with lots of search options.

If you're a Veteran .. Don't forget the Texas Veterans Land Board (TLVB). Takes a little longer but worth it ..

Comment

Originally posted by Patriot-2000 View Post
              I used the site: landsoftexas.com and it took about 6-7 months to settle on a deal in Edwards County near Rocksprings.

Easy Drop-Down menu with lots of search options.

If you're a Veteran .. Don't forget the Texas Veterans Land Board (TLVB). Takes a little longer but worth it ..
              How do you like Edwards Co?

I've been looking at that site also.

I am a Vet, but I saw VLB want about 7,5% interest... Isn't that a bit high?

Comment

For financing with lower rates, most go with a farm Credit association like Capital Farm Credit. Crockett Bank is also very competitive.

My understanding of the benefit of a TLVB loan is a higher loan to value, but not as competitve of rates.

I would also encourage you to look just West of Brady Texas. It's a little more than down by Rocksprings, but starting to have a lot of free range axis.

Comment

Westernhillcountryrealty.com
                  I went will Capital Farm Credit

Comment

Originally posted by Hank Hill View Post
                    Must be that kind of day, I've been looking at Texas acreage all morning too - I don't think I can live in the city for one more minute.
                    I'm at that point now. I went into Magnolia over the wknd and I'm looking for land and OMG its getting ridiculous. They know folks are moving out and are getting some pretty pennies for some below average lots. Can't touch a good 25 acres for less than $375.

Maybe I'm asking the wrong people........uhhh Chance?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Doug's_Optics View Post
                      So, I have been thinking about buying some land somewhere, but start looking in Texas a bit more lately. At this point its just research and wanting to talk to people that have been around and know about this HUGE state.

What counties would be the best for 50-75 acres with the best whitetail, axis and turkey?

Any and all help would be appreciated.
                      Edwards or Val Verde. We work out there all the time and see a ton of places for sale that are exactly what you are describing

Comment

Got a friend, with some land to sell.
                        Eastland county...

Comment

I made a list of what I wanted and just waited on the perfect place that checked off my boxes. I closed two weeks ago on 81 acres on the Throckmorton / Young county line. I used Lands of Texas Saved Search and Texas Hunting Land in my online search.

I got an awesome loan from Graham Savings and Loan (Thanks again Codie). His loan beat all the guys mentioned and was great to work with.

Comment

One thing you want to look out for in edwards and val verde counties ,along with any others, alot of these small tracks are in ranches that were broken into these smaller tracts. In some of them with no kind of restrictions or management co-op you have people buying them for hunting and they invite everyone they know to come hunt. Before you know it the place is shot out. Do your homework diligently before buying.
                            Last edited by DUKFVR; 06-12-2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Bout to close on 30 acres next week about an hr from the house in Navarro Co. Really excited to get started. I had really just started my search when I found this place. Wasn't really ready but it was as close to what we wanted as could be. I will eventually want something a little bigger but it's a great starting point. Has big deer in the area, pigs, a small stock tank that has fish and about 2 miles from a good lake. AND 60 min from the house. Gonna have alot of work to do clearing timber and brush to make it more deer and user friendly but looking forward to it!

Comment

Working...
                              X