Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Looking....For Grayson County or surrounding lease. Or Oklahoma.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trailboss View Post
    I hunt private land in OK and have had 2 ladder stands stolen as far as I know. Haven't been up since last season so may be missing more than that by now.

Trailboss

I’m pretty sure it’s nation wide but oklahoma seems to have a poverty/blue meth issue in certain areas.[emoji6] It’s a plague.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

There was one on Texoma Craigslist this week in NE Cooke co 120 acres for 1800 in Dexter.

Comment

Originally posted by Perkins7581 View Post
        There was one on Texoma Craigslist this week in NE Cooke co 120 acres for 1800 in Dexter.

Guess it’s gone. Went to look at land in Atoka Sunday but it had been logged this year, had cattle, and sounds like overhunted. Kind of a disappointment but it is what it is. Still looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
          Guess it’s gone. Went to look at land in Atoka Sunday but it had been logged this year, had cattle, and sounds like overhunted. Kind of a disappointment but it is what it is. Still looking.

Call Rustin Morgan from Dry Creek outfitters, he has lots of places and may need an additional hunter somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Phorizt View Post
            Unfortunately I'm not much help on the lease. I lucked out and found a small place outside of Tishomingo to lease this year which is my first lease to ever get on. However, last time I went up there I went and checked out a new wildlife management area in the area that I think they just added last year as a WMA. It's called Arbuckle Springs and I hiked around for a couple of hours and it looks like a pretty cool place to hunt. I've never hunted OK public land but it things are slow on the lease I may go give it a shot at some point in the season. I may be wrong but I believe this year it is only open to archery hunting and youth deer gun hunting. Being a new wma that a lot of people don't know about and not having a gun season may make it a good place for public land hunting.
            Biologist at Blue River PHA said there were hardly any hunters this past deer season there as they all went to the Arbuckle one since it was "new".....

Comment

That being said, we fish the blue river pretty much weekly all winter and I have yet to see a deer on the Blue River hunting area and rarely see any hunters vehicles but we fish weekdays only. Have seen some on the way to it, right outside the entrance, deer that is. Tons of hog sign but haven't seen any hogs.

Comment

Working...
              X