No announcement yet.

Vehicle hit by lightning......Where to start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They'll never be able to straighten out the electronics, it would cost more than a new vehicle.

Comment

Same thing happened to my brothers Chevrolet Avalanche. The dealership could do to fix it. It's totaled, the computer will never function right again. Be careful, your mechanics may work on this for weeks running up the bill without a solution. I hope you have good insurance, but you may be left with a Lease Ride.

Comment

Originally posted by aghntr10 View Post
        i would start with a dealership and the insurance adjuster.
        this

Comment

This happened to one of my co workers a few years back. Totaled it!! Nothing worked right they tried to fix things but it was feudal. It was a FORD btw.

Comment

That truck would require a complete rewire and all electronics replaced. Def a total IMO

Comment

Don't even play with it...Get insurance involved. It will never be the same.

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                I would start with a dealership and the insurance adjuster.
                Only change I would make is insurance 1st

Comment

My 93' F250 got hit with me in it! I thought my shotgun went off in the back seat! The antenna looked just about the same way. Even lightning couldn't stop the ol' 7.3 as I was able to drive it home. It fried the sensors in the transmission along with the alternator, batteries, odometer and radio. I had to clean the driver's seat also. Dealership fixed it and I did not have any problems. There was not near as much computerized parts back then though.

Comment

I have spent a bunch of time on truck forums and the general consensus is that you will be chasing your tail trying to get everything fixed.

Comment

My son had his hit melted the antenna and blew out the tire truck was fried!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X