Paint Samick Sage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paint Samick Sage?

I've never been crazy about the look of my Sage. It just isn't a pretty bow. I've considered giving it a camo paint job. What are yall's thoughts?

Heck why not. They are just plain jane and painting is not going to hurt it in any way.
    I say, get after it and post some results

Comment

Funny you mention it. I just got my "on sale" AMS bowfishing reel in so I could repurpose my sage.

I figure I needed to replace the string and thought a blue/orange string would look killer....

Then I thought... can you decently paint the riser?

Comment

Paint will not hurt it at all, and if you like it better, than that is what matters.

The only downside to a paint job is that it may hurt resale value. The Sage is s cheap enough bow that it really does not matter though.

Bisch

Comment

Swamp, that's what I need to do with my Sage too, get me a decent reel and give it a go with blasting them big fat carp at Falcon Lake....painting, nah...it's not pretty but my Sarrels Superstition is....

Comment

I am not going to paint mine... but the thought did cross my mind.

TXBowman, were you just thinking an overlay spray like I was envisioning (less work) or actually sanding it down, painting, and reglossing it? If you are going to repaint it that way, you could also consider reshaping it a bit as others have done. A quick search should pull up some DIY mods on a couple other trad forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
              Swamp, that's what I need to do with my Sage too, get me a decent reel and give it a go with blasting them big fat carp at Falcon Lake....painting, nah...it's not pretty but my Sarrels Superstition is....
              Midway USA is running a sale on their "original" AMS retriever (not the pro that has a quiver) for $50 + 7 shipping. I was looking at Academy and they sell a kit for $160 (reel, 2 arrows, DVD, rest) or just the pro reel for $90.

Comment

I was just thinking about a spray paint

Comment

Working...
                X