Savage Model 99E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage Model 99E

I bought a 99E in 300 savage. Been wanting a 99 since my step brother stole my 243 when my dad died.
    Any way to find out what year it was made?

Most gunmakers have a serial # reference on their website...You can always call them up and they will tell you.

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
      Most gunmakers have a serial # reference on their website...You can always call them up and they will tell you.
      Appreciate the reply.
      I'm a novice to rifle's

Comment

No Problem...Love those old Savages esp the .300 Savage where did you find this gem??

Comment

Originally posted by Eric Pence View Post
          No Problem...Love those old Savages esp the .300 Savage where did you find this gem??
          My friends wife does estate sales.
          cant wait to shoot it. Is the 300 a good caliber?

Comment

The Best Savage ever put its name on....That is the gun and Caliber every Hard-Core collector of older rifles wants..Its like having a Model 70 Winchester in .270 win caliber its the Holy Grail of 1960-70s Savage rifles..Look it up on the net tons of Old articles from gunwriters praising it.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              My friends wife does estate sales.
              cant wait to shoot it. Is the 300 a good caliber?
              not bad, little less than a 308 fair bit more than a 30-30

Comment

I load 125 grain sierra soft point and get 2" groups at 200 yards with mine. Made a good neck shot on a turkey at 100 yards last year. Here is the best site for dating the '99, and has a lot of other good information.

Comment

My buddy had a .300 savage. That rifle was a piece of junk. It had a 2"-10" group on any given day, lol The new Savage is a much better gun.

Comment

I get conflicting messages, I have an old savage with the years 1895 to 1909 stamped on the barrel but the website says it was made 1918 or later, not trying to move in on your thread op, was just a bit disappointed that my old rifle still has 3 yrs to to make 100 instead of being 106.

Comment

I have my fathers 99E in .243

I cant remember exactly but I think it wasn manufactured in 63.

Great lever gun!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                        My buddy had a .300 savage. That rifle was a piece of junk. It had a 2"-10" group on any given day, lol The new Savage is a much better gun.
                        This was a Savage 99 lever action? If it was, it is a rare exception. They are built like a tank and known for accuracy.

Comment

Originally posted by TxNurse View Post
                          This was a Savage 99 lever action? If it was, it is a rare exception. They are built like a tank and known for accuracy.
                          I honestly don't remember now. Its been 25 years.

Edit: I take it back. He had a savage model 300. POS.
                          Last edited by Speedgoat; 08-03-2015, 03:06 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Folks
                            I really only bought it because i had one 25 years ago.
                            Ill keep it forever and maybe even shoot it from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Thanks for the info. Folks
                              I really only bought it because i had one 25 years ago.
                              Ill keep it forever and maybe even shoot it from time to time
                              As long as you are happy with it man. They are cool looking

Comment

Working...
                              X