Hunting does in the national forest.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hunting does in the national forest.

It is my understanding that you need a permit to kill does in WMA areas. But I was told by a game warden that during archery, and muzzle loading season you don't need a permit in non WMA areas. What I want to know where is it published that this is a legal practice? I didn't see any to specific in the game law book addressing national forest.

I learned the same way, calling a game warden. Park rangers don’t know. Game warden told me only during archery season IIRC

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at the county regulations for deer. It will outline the restrictions for National Forest Lands.

Comment

I did some research on it last year and it is my understanding you can kill does during archery season without a permit. Not sure on muzzleloader.

Comment

It is all county or unit specific.

Comment

I know that in SHNF, you do not need a doe permit during archery season. You do need a doe permit in the forest after general season opens. I don’t know about muzzle loader.

Comment

You will need permit during muzzleloader season in shnf, after general season ends

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tiberiuswade View Post
                You will need permit during muzzleloader season in shnf, after general season ends

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
                Where do you get this special muzzleloader anterless permit? The USFS ANTLERLESS DEER PERMIT expire 1-6-19. Muzzleloader season starts 1-7-19.
                Last edited by ABWGTX; 08-28-2018, 02:30 PM.

Comment

Yea, no permit needed during muzzleloader from my understanding.

Comment

Working...
                  X