How to contact a neighboring landowner?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hunt life View Post
    Found a phone number but now thinking if letter would be the most appropriate way to reach out what do y'all think?
    I use this format.

https://easyisnotworthit.blogspot.co...tachments.html

Comment

If you have an address and a name go knock on their door. Be polite, courteous, and non threatening. Look respectable too. Letters will more than likely get thrown away and numbers calling that they don't know will get ignored. Only time a call has worked has been when it's an older couple, you call their home landline number, and they don't have caller id. Much easier and faster to just go knock on the door or catch them while they are out in the yard.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
        If you have an address and a name go knock on their door. Be polite, courteous, and non threatening. Look respectable too. Letters will more than likely get thrown away and numbers calling that they don't know will get ignored. Only time a call has worked has been when it's an older couple, you call their home landline number, and they don't have caller id. Much easier and faster to just go knock on the door or catch them while they are out in the yard.
        That works if the land owner lives close by but many land owners live long distances from their property.

Comment

great tips. I was wondering myself. One of my neighbors doesn't live at the property. It's just pasture/woods land. I've looked it up on Onx but wasn't sure how to proceed...go to their house, call, snail mail, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            That works if the land owner lives close by but many land owners live long distances from their property.
            Yes, in that case a call or letter will suffice. If it's within an hour or so from my house, I'm making that drive.

Comment

I found the land owner behind me via county website. Sent a letter, received a response in a week.
              Working for the insurance company I have found many people and sent many messages on FB.

Comment

Originally posted by SFAbowhunter View Post
                I wish I could they have a private road leading to there front gate with a large posted no trespassing sign rite where the road starts they are on the back side of my property so they are on a completely different county road then I am so can't catch them . Thanks for everyone's respond y'all are great help giving me more ideas

Comment

That information is public. Your local clerk of court office for the county/parish will have that information.

Comment

Going to head down there next week and look into it hopefully it all works out it would help a ton

Comment

I once wrote a letter, put it in a plastic water-proof cover and put it on the locked gate. Got a call within the week and made a great contact. Was worth the time and effort for a place/person that I knew nothing about.

Comment

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
                        I once wrote a letter, put it in a plastic water-proof cover and put it on the locked gate. Got a call within the week and made a great contact. Was worth the time and effort for a place/person that I knew nothing about.
                        Great idea if I do not get a response that way should I continue to try to contact?

Comment

I need to reach out to one of our neighbors.. They live on the property but their house is several hundreds yards from a locked gate so walking up and knocking on the door might not go over very well.
                          You can usually find a mailing address on the county CAD website. Just do a search for your property and it should pull up a map that shows all the properties around you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                            I need to reach out to one of our neighbors.. They live on the property but their house is several hundreds yards from a locked gate so walking up and knocking on the door might not go over very well.
                            You can usually find a mailing address on the county CAD website. Just do a search for your property and it should pull up a map that shows all the properties around you.
                            Same here got the address and number and name going to write a letter and see how that works out good luck to you it's a bit frustrating but I'm sure things will turn out well

Comment

Wow thanks everyone for all the suggestions attached a note to the landowners mail box and got a quick response! He was a great guy to talk to and get to know. we both had similar concerns as well that we will now both be able to address . What a blessing also got the big green light!

Comment

We always left a note on the gate in a zip lock bag making sure to mention we would reciprocate in like kind with all our hunter's numbers and names.

Comment

Working...
                                X